Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Henan Wan Bang Market:
Spring Festival approaches, cucumber prices rise
The price of cucumbers in Wan Bang Market showed an overall rising trend this week. The main reason for this development is the reduced volume in production areas. This week the market mainly depends on supplies from the north-east. The secondary supply sources are Yunnan and Shandong. The north-east accounts for about 60% of cucumber supply to Wan Bang Market.
The temperatures in the north-east have been low. This slows down the development of vegetables and lengthens the time it takes to mature; Yunnan also experienced cold, rainy weather this week, and Shandong is even worse with gentle snow. The cold temperatures in production areas cause a reduction of the volume that enters the market. In addition, this week is the approach to Spring Festival when traders increase their purchases. This has created a situation where cucumber supplies are unable to meet demand. Other vegetables, such as baby cucumbers, also showed a price increase this week. The main reason for this development is their dependence on supply from Shouguang, Shandong. The snow has caused their price to increase as well.
The price of cucumbers increased quite a lot early in the week, but in the second half of the week the price stabilized and even dropped a little bit. It is estimated that the price of cucumbers will remain stable. If there are no extreme weather conditions, then the price increase will likely remain small.
Source: Primary Industry Online
Publication date: 2/16/2018
Other news in this sector: