Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vietnam: Fruit, vegetable exports up 37% in JanuaryVietnam earned some US$321 million from fruit and vegetable exports in January 2018, a year-on-year increase of 36.9 per cent, says the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD).
China, Japan, the United States and the Republic of Korea remained the biggest importers of Vietnamese fruits and vegetables in the month. Other markets with strongly soaring fruit and vegetable imports from Vietnam were Japan (69.3 per cent), the United Arab Emirates (56.3 per cent) and China (52.4 per cent).
Vietnam, meanwhile, imported $152 million worth of these commodities in January, of which fruits accounted for 76 per cent.
Prices of several vegetables dropped in the Central Highlands province of Lâm Đồng due to high supply fuelled by favourable weather.
For instance, the price fell by VNĐ500 [0.02 USD] per kilo to VNĐ3,000 [0.13 USD] for cabbage; by VNĐ2,000 [0.09 USD] per kilo to VNĐ8,000 [0.36 USD] for tomatoes, and by VNĐ2,000 [0.09 USD] per kilo to VNĐ20,000 [0.90 USD] for broccoli against the prices in the beginning of January 2018.
In 2017, Vietnam achieved a year-on-year surge of 40.5 per cent in the export value of vegetables and fruits to $3.45 billion.
Source: Vietnam News / www.agroberichtenbuitenland.nl
Publication date: 2/15/2018
Other news in this sector: