- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- US (WA): Construction permit issued for 44,000 sq.ft. MMJ facility
- Success of Agriculture Bill will be in the details, warns British Growers
- US: Monsanto asks court to toss $289 million glyphosate verdict
- Grower roundtable keynote presentation announced for OGS 2018
- Vietnam gets more biocontrol options
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Vietnam: Fruit, vegetable exports up 37% in January
China, Japan, the United States and the Republic of Korea remained the biggest importers of Vietnamese fruits and vegetables in the month. Other markets with strongly soaring fruit and vegetable imports from Vietnam were Japan (69.3 per cent), the United Arab Emirates (56.3 per cent) and China (52.4 per cent).
Vietnam, meanwhile, imported $152 million worth of these commodities in January, of which fruits accounted for 76 per cent.
Prices of several vegetables dropped in the Central Highlands province of Lâm Đồng due to high supply fuelled by favourable weather.
For instance, the price fell by VNĐ500 [0.02 USD] per kilo to VNĐ3,000 [0.13 USD] for cabbage; by VNĐ2,000 [0.09 USD] per kilo to VNĐ8,000 [0.36 USD] for tomatoes, and by VNĐ2,000 [0.09 USD] per kilo to VNĐ20,000 [0.90 USD] for broccoli against the prices in the beginning of January 2018.
In 2017, Vietnam achieved a year-on-year surge of 40.5 per cent in the export value of vegetables and fruits to $3.45 billion.
Source: Vietnam News / www.agroberichtenbuitenland.nl
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 "Vertical farming in the Netherlands not an addition"
- 09/19/2018 US: California agriculture leads nation in funding for specialty crops
- 09/19/2018 Lower pepper exports for Spain
- 09/19/2018 UK: LEAF welcomes launch of new Agriculture Bill
- 09/19/2018 Queensland strawberry industry calls for calm in wake of tampering issue
- 09/19/2018 "Higher autumn prices won't compensate for poor eggplant season"
- 09/18/2018 Growers in Côte d’Ivoire create own growbags
- 09/18/2018 Dutch greenhouse suppliers unite in Dutch Greenhouse Delta
- 09/18/2018 UK Government presents Agriculture Bill
- 09/18/2018 "Asian markets still open"
- 09/18/2018 New Zealand: Brisk weather brings cheaper broccoli
- 09/17/2018 DUPLICATE Expansion of notice-based process for importation and interstate movement of fruits and vegetables
- 09/17/2018 Success of Agriculture Bill will be in the details, warns British Growers
- 09/14/2018 Romania: €87.8 million to support financing instrument for farmers
- 09/14/2018 Australia: Cucumber growers hit the jackpot
- 09/14/2018 US (CA): Strong production leaves lettuce market subdued
- 09/14/2018 Nuffield Zimbabwe seeking applicants for 2019 scholarships
- 09/14/2018 Nigeria: Overcoming knowledge barriers to nutritional security, higher income
- 09/13/2018 "Vietnam’s surging agro-economy marked by challenging opportunities"
- 09/13/2018 China: Seasonal peppers enter the market in large volumes