Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Diversity and innovation close to the Munich city center
Munich wholesale market: a colorful mix of specialized and global produce
Even though the plans for the new construction are uncertain, the Munich wholesale market is still the largest, most important and diverse trading center in Germany. Wholesalers, catering and restaurant suppliers from all over Germany, and abroad, visit the 310,000 m2 large market every night to buy fresh vegetables and all sorts of fruit. From small regional growers, situated in the metropolitan Munich area, to suppliers with a complete range of globally produced fruit and vegetables, fresh produce from all over the world is available in Munich.
The wholesalers in Munich are currently fully devoted to the Christmas trade. Especially citrus fruit, the traditional bright red Christmas apples, lettuce varieties and other Christmas specials such as chestnuts dominate the trade. Many local Christmas markets traders buy their products in Munich. Furthermore, the Munich wholesale market offers a colorful mix of specialists and diverse service providers. For instance, Herbert Widmann Wholesales has been market leader in berries and soft fruit for years, while Bayrische Pilzbörse offers a wide variety of mushrooms.
Publication date: 12/13/2017
Other news in this sector: