Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- One million square foot cannabis production facility to be built in Australia
- NatureFresh Farms develops unconventional pest management methods
- Rough introduces the HopsHouse: a single-solution hydroponic hops greenhouses
- Dutch police raids greenhouses in heroin investigation
- Protected Cropping Australia appoints new board
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: California's 13.2 million tons tomato planting contracts
According to the National Agricultural Statistics Service, planting contracts for 13.2 million tons of production in 2016 will be signed by California tomato processors this January. To reach this tonnage, processors estimate contracted production on about 271,000 acres with an average yield of 48.7 tons per acre.
This is an 8 percent decrease from the August 2015 California Processing Tomato Report.
The early processing tomato estimate is funded by the California League of Food Processors in cooperation with the California Department of Food and Agriculture.
Publication date: 1/22/2016
Other news in this sector: