Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Workers safe after carbon monoxide incident at Windset Farms
- Australia: New project to drive agriculture innovation in Victoria
- "With unemployment at record lows, labor is our biggest challenge"
- Hydropothecary announces expansion plans
- US (FL): Wish Farms launches strawberry season with new sweepstakes
Top 5 - last month
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- Partial replacement of PAR light by far red light in tomato
- NL: New Geothermal Energy Alliance in South Holland
- German Agricultural Society and Fairtrade enter strategic partnership in Africa
- US (ME): Aquaponic grower secures $1.6M to expand greenhouse
Exchange ratesmore »
US: California's 13.2 million tons tomato planting contracts
According to the National Agricultural Statistics Service, planting contracts for 13.2 million tons of production in 2016 will be signed by California tomato processors this January. To reach this tonnage, processors estimate contracted production on about 271,000 acres with an average yield of 48.7 tons per acre.
This is an 8 percent decrease from the August 2015 California Processing Tomato Report.
The early processing tomato estimate is funded by the California League of Food Processors in cooperation with the California Department of Food and Agriculture.
Publication date: 1/22/2016
Other news in this sector: