Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - T÷nisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: California's 13.2 million tons tomato planting contracts
According to the National Agricultural Statistics Service, planting contracts for 13.2 million tons of production in 2016 will be signed by California tomato processors this January. To reach this tonnage, processors estimate contracted production on about 271,000 acres with an average yield of 48.7 tons per acre.
This is an 8 percent decrease from the August 2015 California Processing Tomato Report.
The early processing tomato estimate is funded by the California League of Food Processors in cooperation with the California Department of Food and Agriculture.
Publication date: 1/22/2016
Other news in this sector: