Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US vegetable grower promotes Artisan Sweet Italian red onions
To heat up sales of their Artisan Sweet Italian Red Onions during peak season this summer Tanimura & Antle has announced a retail display contest this May. Strategically timed, the contest titled “Be Bold” will officially start on May 14th and end on July 8th; capturing promotional opportunities for Memorial Day, Father’s Day, and the 4th of July.
“This display contest is a great opportunity to engage with our customer's produce departments, as well as promote directly to the end-user,” stated Kyla Oberman, Director of Marketing for Tanimura & Antle. “Our Artisan Sweet Italian Red Onions' unique attributes are deserving of such a promotion; paired with the theme of summer barbecue provides the opportunity for our retail partners to share our provided recipes, tips and tricks on how to utilize these sweet, mild tasting onions.”
To further support the sales of their Artisan Sweet Italian Red Onions during the contest dates Tanimura & Antle is providing retail partners with point of purchase materials including high graphic display bins, store banners, shelf header cards, iron man posters, recipe tear pads, recipes, photography and social media content.
To enter the contest, retailers are encouraged to create a bold, sweet in-store display that promotes Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Sweet Italian Red Onions, take a photo of the display, and complete an online entry form. Displays for the Be Bold contest must be located in the produce section of the store and are encouraged to include other complimentary products such as barbecue sauces, grill seasonings, and other summer staples. Displays must be in place for at least one week.
All entries into the contest will receive a Tanimura & Antle apron as a thank you prize and the top five displays will receive a $100 VISA gift card. The boldest, most eye-catching Artisan Sweet Italian Red Onion display will receive a Traeger barbecue grill as the Grand Prize.
Be Bold entries will be judged against the following criteria:
- Abundant use of Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Sweet Italian Red Onions.
- Use of the provided Be Bold in-store and digital assets.
- Overall creativity of the store display.
- Supporting store advertisements and/or the display being featured on the store’s social media channels.
- Reported success in generating sales of Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Sweet Italian Red Onions.
“Tanimura & Antle has over 20 years of experience growing, breeding, and harvesting this unique variety of onions,” stated Vince Gomez, Commodity Manager for Tanimura & Antle. “Our Artisan Sweet Italian Red Onions are unrivaled in quality and flavor during the upcoming summer months and we’re thrilled to provide our customers with the tools they need to encourage sales in their produce departments.”
Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Sweet Italian Red Onions are grown organically and conventionally in Tres Picos and Salinas, California and Yuma, Arizona and are available year-round. A versatile menu item for consumers, Artisan Sweet Italian Red Onions can be chopped, slivered, and diced and are perfect for burgers, pizza toppings, dips, sandwiches, and more!
Tanimura & Antle
Publication date: 4/4/2018
Other news in this sector: