Top 5 -yesterday
- Brexit food security: An opportunity for vertical farming?
- "The program is so flexible that it can easily grow along with our company"
- New Zealand: Brisk weather brings cheaper broccoli
- CAN (ON): Aleafia’s 160,000 sq. ft. greenhouse retrofitting on schedule
- "Brown Grow Quality Products Continues to Reach Customers"
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
You’ll be throwing out the most nutritious bits
Stop wasting time peeling your vegetables
"The skin has heaps of nutrition and if time is limited, let’s not add another step to that food preparation process."
The big bonus of eating unpeeled vegetables and fruit is the insoluble fibre they contain. "It helps bulk out our stools and makes going to the bathroom easier. It also helps reduce our absorption of cholesterol and keep us full for longer, which is important for energy levels and weight maintenance."
With the exception of onions, Chryssidis says there is hardly a vegetable that needs to be peeled; that goes for carrots, radishes and potatoes as well. He advises not to peel them: keep the nutrients, keep the fibre, save the time. Just give them a really good wash before you eat them.
As for pumpkin, Chryssidis tells coach.nine.com.au that the skin goes crunchy in the oven to add another texture to a dish. "It’s delicious and crispy.”
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/18/2018 Turkey: “Super” tomatoes from Igdir receive a lot of interest from Iran
- 09/17/2018 Turkey: Tomato from Insuyu about to become a brand name
- 09/12/2018 CAN (QC): Belgian émigré makes tomato wine
- 09/10/2018 Global trade fair dedicated to chili peppers
- 09/10/2018 Hawthorne Hydroponics recalls humidifiers due to fire and shock hazards
- 09/06/2018 Malaysian parents name their kids ‘Dhury Yan’ and ‘Rambutt'an’
- 09/03/2018 Are Pueblo chile peppers kicking up the heat this year?
- 08/30/2018 New LED toplighting with higher output for light-loving crops
- 08/29/2018 New LED solutions create more efficient vertically grown cannabis
- 08/27/2018 “We continue to expand our organic line”
- 08/24/2018 Which is which: Cherry vs. grape tomatoes
- 08/21/2018 "Cultivation floor provides better root system and uniform irrigation"
- 08/20/2018 Hydrofarm and Atmosphere announce strategic distribution partnership
- 08/15/2018 German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
- 08/13/2018 US (CA): Broccoli rabe poised to rise in popularity
- 08/10/2018 Hottest UK chilli pepper feels the heat
- 08/09/2018 Omex establishes new trials site in Sicily
- 08/08/2018 What would happen if you pickled cucumbers on Mars?
- 08/06/2018 US (CA): Hydroponic grower introduces 'Sea Beans'
- 07/20/2018 New foot switch pipe-rail trolleys is more ergonomic