- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Aquaponics can revitalize Connecticut’s economy"
- CAN (BC): Bud producer offers virtual tour of its greenhouse facility
- Growers in autonomous cucumber greenhouse are doing well
- Experts from around the world will present the most innovative fertigation techniques
- "France and Belgium are positioning themselves on dual-use varieties"
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Robot follows farmworkers during harvest
Fastcompany.com quoted Charlie Andersen, CEO of Augean Robotics, as saying: “People spend as much as 20-30% of their time picking in the field actually walking up and down the picked rows.” For farmers, who are struggling to find enough labour to pick their crops, a problem that is currently quite pressing, the robot can make labour more productive. For the workers, the robot could make a difficult job slightly less painful and help them earn more.
The electrically powered robot, called Burro, is designed to either follow a farmworker around a farm or to run loops down rows of grapes or berries. In the “follow” mode, it uses an algorithm to recognize a worker. “You approach it and it locks onto you. Then it follows you like a dog,” Andersen says.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/20/2018 New 10-litre pot for raspberries, blackberries and blueberries
- 09/19/2018 Ghana: Actor John Dumelo makes money from own cucumbers
- 09/19/2018 The benefits of eating fruit
- 09/19/2018 "Uniform wetting and rewetting of the plugs"
- 09/18/2018 Turkey: “Super” tomatoes from Igdir receive a lot of interest from Iran
- 09/17/2018 Turkey: Tomato from Insuyu about to become a brand name
- 09/12/2018 CAN (QC): Belgian émigré makes tomato wine
- 09/10/2018 Global trade fair dedicated to chili peppers
- 09/10/2018 Hawthorne Hydroponics recalls humidifiers due to fire and shock hazards
- 09/06/2018 Malaysian parents name their kids ‘Dhury Yan’ and ‘Rambutt'an’
- 09/03/2018 Are Pueblo chile peppers kicking up the heat this year?
- 08/30/2018 New LED toplighting with higher output for light-loving crops
- 08/29/2018 New LED solutions create more efficient vertically grown cannabis
- 08/27/2018 “We continue to expand our organic line”
- 08/24/2018 Which is which: Cherry vs. grape tomatoes
- 08/21/2018 "Cultivation floor provides better root system and uniform irrigation"
- 08/20/2018 Hydrofarm and Atmosphere announce strategic distribution partnership
- 08/15/2018 German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
- 08/13/2018 US (CA): Broccoli rabe poised to rise in popularity
- 08/10/2018 Hottest UK chilli pepper feels the heat