- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Lead Auditor
- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- California to build first large-scale water storage after 40 years
- Czech scientists make progress in microscopic examination of plants
- UK: Using maths and engineering to solve problems in food production
- US: Greenhouse atop SEH accommodates unorthodox student experiments
- "Radish Donar not yet through"
Top 5 -last week
- "Importance of the propagation stage one of the biggest lessons learned"
- US (HI): Researchers help Waimānalo families use aquaponics, improve health
- Dutch supplier Benfried to expand
- Canadian Greenhouse Conference'18: here's the recap
- Turkey: 1.1 billion USD exports from West Mediterranean region of Turkey so far in 2018
"Try a more cosy relationship with your packaging supplier"
We have seen on broadcast media and read in the press that a possible tipping point has been reached in the attitudes of retailers and the Government to waste plastics which will have some influence on the options that packaging manufacturers are able to offer.
In the light of current packaging attention customers are looking to raise their environmental profile. Working alongside the customer Macpac enables a more nuanced, ethical and responsible approach to packaging through pioneering material application with a lower environmental impact and exclusive design not available in a more generic, all-encompassing blanket supply.
Plantpac is an example of mail order packaging conceived and designed in consultation with a major mail order nursery. Since the launch Macpac, responding to market demands, has extended the plug plant range to include a new letterbox pack portfolio designed to be sent at the large letter rate. The company carries a large, on demand range which can be viewed online at www.plantpac.net
The 3P9 Plug Clampack is a demand-led optimal solution for foliage height up to 260mm. Complimenting the 3P9 Clampack is the 3P9 carton an optional corrugated outer packaging carrier. This can be customised with the company’s logo, delivery and contact details.
Macpac also designs shelf ready packaging speeding up product replenishment on-shelf, optimising on retail space and reducing handling costs. Working with customers Clamshell packs or clam packs are designed to be entirely bespoke. These are secure locking Clamshell packs to precisely accommodate the product with space for customer details.
Macpac use recycled PET (r-PET) in most of their products. No packaging manufactured with a blend of recycled PET should end up in landfill – it is possible for such packaging to be recycled over and over again with only a minimum virgin input to maintain stability. This ‘easy-to-recycle’ mantra is something that Macpac has promoted in its literature and when addressing the requirements of its customers.
Macpac acknowledges the Waste Reduction Agency WRAP’S latest ‘Courtauld 2025’ committing signatories including all the major retailers to reduce the resource intensity of the UK’s food and drink sector by 20% in the next nine years.
For more information:
+44 (0) 161 442 1642
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/15/2018 Village Farms launches 'sweet' or 'smooth' campaign
- 09/20/2018 Cleaning up garbage with recycled garbage bags
- 09/13/2018 Germany: New packaging law applies starting 01.01.2019
- 09/10/2018 Fresh produce sent via air freight becoming more popular
- 09/07/2018 Are retailers relying too much on plastic packaging?
- 09/06/2018 US Leafy green grower expands value-added organic line
- 09/05/2018 First compostable top seal strawberry punnet launched
- 09/04/2018 EarthCycle: special fresh produce pulp trays
- 09/03/2018 Mooy Logistics to be relaunched
- 08/31/2018 Quimas launches modified atmosphere and SO2 bags
- 08/24/2018 California: Tomato truck spills cargo on Highway 33
- 08/23/2018 Leafy greens grower transitions line to more environmentally-friendly packaging
- 08/16/2018 The latest trend: halved tomatoes in plastic for 3.20 euros
- 08/15/2018 Provide Agro to sell Sorma Group equipment
- 08/14/2018 US: Grower creates eco-friendly packaging
- 08/09/2018 Coatings packed in recycled buckets
- 08/09/2018 No more plastic on British cucumbers during UK season
- 08/06/2018 "Growing demand for bespoke packaging"
- 07/19/2018 Packaging thieves become bolder: full boxes emptied
- 07/18/2018 Plastic as part of a sustainable solution