Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Hyper-local cultivation: Restaurant integrates aquaponics greenhouse
- Can artificial intelligence do as well as farmers in the future?
- US (WI): 20 hectare greenhouse operation to begin next spring
- Village Farms reports net loss, cannabis production ramps up
- German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
March 6 and 7, 2018
US: Greenhouse Tomato Short Course
If you are a grower of greenhouse tomatoes, or if you have interest in growing this crop, mark your calendar now for the 28th Annual Greenhouse Tomato Short Course. Participating in this program will be the best way to learn all about producing greenhouse tomatoes.
Greenhouse Tomato Short Course
The next Greenhouse Tomato Short Course will be held at the Eagle Ridge Conference Center, 1500 Raymond Lake Road, Raymond, Mississippi on March 6 and 7, 2018. Expert speakers will present seminars on a variety of fields relevant to the production of greenhouse tomatoes.
Special topics this year will be components of the greenhouse system, greenhouse design and engineering, alternative heating options, marketing, budget for greenhouse growers, updates on the latest research, plant nutrition, alternative crops, water sanitation, and of course the pest management workshop, which will include physiological disorders, diagnosing plant problems, plant disease identification and control, and pest management.
Exhibitors from across the U.S. and Canada will be available to show you their products and discuss how to use them. All aspects of production will be thoroughly covered. Plan on attending this Short Course to learn all you need to know about this crop and run a successful greenhouse business. In recent years, the Short Course attracted participants from more than 25 states and several Caribbean and Latin American countries.
Advance registration is $200 (use registration form in mailed packet or online with a credit card), or, if you prefer, you can pay $225 at the door, per person for the entire Short Course.
The registration fee includes coffee, refreshments, lunch both days, all Extension publications, and some very special promotional items. All those who preregister will also receive the latest edition of the Greenhouse Tomato Short Course cap.
For further information, send an email to Dr. Rick Snyder at Rick.Snyder@msstate.edu or call (601) 892-3731. Mississippi growers can contact their local Mississippi County Extension Office.
Publication date: 2/5/2018
Other news in this sector: