Job offersmore »
- Senior Banana Ripener - Swords, North County Dublin
- Senior Manager, Technical Advisory and Category Management - Vantaa Finland
- Junior Trader Europe Division - Europe
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (FL): Wish Farms launches strawberry season with new sweepstakes
Wish Farms, grower-shipper and year-round supplier of strawberries announced an all-new consumer-driven campaign just in time for Florida strawberry season.
“The recent cooler weather we’ve experienced is great for the berries and is helping us kick off Florida strawberry season,” said Gary Wishnatzki, owner of Wish Farms. “Consumers are seeing Florida fruit in stores now.”
Plant City, Florida is known as the winter strawberry capital of the world. Wish Farms is growing and marketing almost 2,000 acres of Florida strawberries this year. Florida’s season lasts from November through April, with peak production in February.
Due to its flavor profile, Wish Farms has dedicated a large portion of acreage to the Sweet Sensation, a University of Florida variety known to retain its sweetness by maintaining its sugar content and consistent brix levels throughout the season.
This season, Wish Farms is offering fans of the berry company something new – consumers who have signed up for the Wish Farms email newsletter, or Berry Lovers, are entered to win $100 every week.
“We are looking forward to engaging our Berry Lovers,” said Amber Maloney, director of marketing at Wish Farms. “This is an exciting way that we can thank our longtime Wish Farms fans, and welcome newcomers to the program.”
The weekly offer stands for both existing and new Berry Lovers. Wish Farms is encouraging fans to share the opportunity with friends and family. Signing up to be a Berry Lover also includes what’s-in-season updates, contests and exclusive recipes. New to the Wish Farms recipe catalogue this year is Dipped Strawberry Rudolph.
“Dipped Strawberry Rudolph is the first of our new series of quick-style recipe videos,” said Maloney. “Our consumers are on the go and they want something fast, fun and easy to make at home. This recipe is just that, with a holiday flare.”
For more information:
Wish Farms, Inc.
Tel: +1 813 752 5111
Publication date: 12/15/2017
Other news in this sector: