- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
- Is urban farming economically feasible or is it a recipe for a financial failure?
- Peru: Exporters want bell pepper and capsicums back in deductions system
- "US (WA): "Aquaponics takes the best of both worlds"
- India: Vegetable flights to Gulf help airport hit cargo record
- "Vaccin implemented in complete strategy"
Top 5 -last week
- Globally innovative Dutch agricultural equipment company shines at iFresh Fair
- UK Government legalizes medicinal cannabis
- How Kenyan tomato farmers can avoid heavy losses
- "We believe in a co-creative approach within the greenhouse horticulture sector"
- Canadian Greenhouse Conference'18: here's the recap
Fresh investment poised to bring innovative device to exporters worldwide
Based in Stockholm, Sweden, MOST has developed a solution for fresh produce and other perishable goods, the MOST Device, which can track both location, temperature, light, humidity and shock during ocean-going maritime shipments and upload stored data at any given opportunity to the GSM-network — and determine the best routes for land transportation in real time.
With four digital sensors plus location tracking, which provide continual online updates, the device is attracting increasing numbers of clients worldwide, including major players in the fresh produce sector, according to CEO Jon Hjertenstein.
This global expansion looks set to be given a significant boost with the recent entry of a group of South Africa-based investors, Knife Capital, which includes Bob Skinstad, a former rugby professional who represented the Springboks in two Rugby World Cups, including as part of the winning side in 2007. Skinstad, who is a part of Knife Capital's London office, has taken a seat on the MOST management board as part of the investment.
In doing so, Skinstad and Knife Capital join Lars Markgren, co-founder of King Digital Entertainment, a British-Swedish game studio that created global gaming sensation Candy Crush, which has been an investor in MOST since 2014.
As Hjertenstein explains, the new round of investment will enable MOST to significantly expand by being able to promote the capabilities of the MOST Device in markets worldwide. One of the first steps towards achieving this will be the recruitment of representatives in markets across Europe, Latin America and North America, as well as southern Africa, with further expansion into Asia to follow at a later date.
For more information:
Jon Hjertenstein, CEO
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 07/04/2018 Vacuum cooling for every small hold farmer on the planet
- 06/27/2018 US (CA): JSK cooling system for Sunniva
- 06/07/2018 Netherlands: IPHandlers builds new Perishable Centre
- 02/27/2018 North-east India: Farm-side cold storages for vegetables
- 01/04/2018 Absence of cold storage: Indian tomato farmers resort to distress sales
- 12/13/2017 Cold chain solutions for Nigerian farmers
- 12/13/2017 Fresh investment poised to bring innovative device to exporters worldwide
- 12/12/2017 India: Cold storage for growers in the orange bowl of Manipur
- 11/22/2017 What is hydronic cooling?
- 11/13/2017 China: Demand for refrigerated trucks is steadily growing
- 10/03/2017 Tecnova implements a greenhouse refrigeration system in Egypt
- 09/01/2017 Royal treatment for the 'King of the frozen fruits': the strawberry
- 06/07/2017 New monitoring solution for food retailers
- 05/17/2017 "If you don't jump on it quickly, CGMMV can easily get out of hand"
- 04/03/2017 China: Large cold chain logistics center to be built in Ganzhou
- 03/16/2017 Conviron announces new distributor for Colombia, Peru and Ecuador
- 02/02/2017 McGill researchers develop new passive cooling and ventilation solution
- 02/01/2017 Reducing ethylene levels allows higher storage temperatures for vegetables
- 01/03/2017 Cold storage capacity increasing globally
- 11/01/2016 Isocab introduces ‘the new foam’