Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Copa and Cogeca and Freshfel promote #FruitVeg4You campaignWith consumption below the World Health Organisation (WHO) recommendations, Copa and Cogeca and Freshfel promoted this week their #FruitVeg4you Campaign underlining the many nutritious benefits of eating fruit and vegetables as part of a balanced diet.
Statistics show that European consumers eat on average 353 g of fresh fruit and vegetables a day which is below the World Health Organisation (WHO) recommendation of a minimum of 400 grammes. This Social Media Campaign aims to encourage consumers to eat more and raise awareness of the importance of having a healthy and balanced diet by including the minimum daily intake of fruit and vegetables in it.
Supporting the Campaign to the public outside European Parliament, MEP Hilde Vautmans said “I support this initiative because I really want to encourage people to eat more fruit and vegetables every day. It’s really good for your health and for our European farmers who are still suffering the Russian export ban. We have the best European products. We encourage you to eat 3 or 4 pieces a day”.
Outlining ways to boost consumption, she said “In Belgium, for example, if a fruit basket is offered to employees, the tax rate can be diminished. Every week, a basket of fruit is delivered for people who work for me”. She also highlighted the importance of the EU School Fruit and Vegetable Scheme to encourage healthy eating habits at a young age.
This Campaign is a joint commitment by the European Fresh Produce Association Freshfel and Copa and Cogeca to the EU Platform on Diet, Physical Activity and Health.
For more information:
Publication date: 11/24/2017
Other news in this sector: