- General Manager Australia
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Сhief agronomist
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Sales Consultants Fertilizer - various European countries
- Product & Efficiency Manager - Role Based in Holland with regular trips to the UK
- Highly Experienced Agribusiness Professional now Available
- International Business student looking for an internship
- Responsable des cultures en pleine terre pour le nord de la France - Northern France
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
US: Rodale Institute announces funding to implement farmers markets
The Farmers Market Promotions Program (FMPP) is a community effort to build on local food source economy by developing a market to purchase fresh locally grown and organic produce in urban areas with low income and a high population density.
With Allentown being Pennsylvania’s third largest city with 100,000 people and the surrounding agricultural area being one of the most productive in the country this project will be able to supply fresh fruits and vegetables to these communities that have been lacking these resources. SNAP benefits will be accepted at these future locations thus pushing more availability to low-income communities. Rodale Institute will be working in partnership with Sacred Heart Hospital Allentown, The Allentown YMCA, and Berks County Intermediate Unit Education to benefit these local communities.
While the FMPP primarily focuses on the access to fresh and locally grown/organic produce in low-income areas, it also provides an opportunity to boost revenue to the surrounding farms providing locally grown resources. Mobile Farm Stands will be arriving at the three locations listed in your local community during September of 2020.
For more information:
611 Siegfriedale Road
Kutztown, PA 19530-9320 USA
T: (610) 683-1400
F: (610) 683-8548
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/08/2018 UK: Organic sector calls for much clearer contingency measures as Brexit looms
- 10/04/2018 "Growing organic not always feasible"
- 10/03/2018 Spain: Cybelion receives organic certification
- 09/26/2018 Ukrainian government established 2-level control system for organic products
- 09/21/2018 US: Record number of Organic Trade Association members vote in Board election
- 09/11/2018 Government of Canada celebrates Organic Week
- 09/10/2018 "Congress should support organic farming"
- 08/27/2018 More than $8 million to help strengthen and grow Canada's organic sector
- 08/27/2018 "Organic food exports at mercy of EU discretion after no-deal Brexit"
- 08/24/2018 US: Edible Garden to supply organic leafy greens to national grocery chains
- 08/21/2018 Organic agriculture on the rise in Bulgaria
- 08/08/2018 How does an organic farm create its own organic fertilizer?
- 08/08/2018 US (PA): $500,000 for Rodale Institute to fund organic research
- 07/20/2018 Spain: CASI doubles acreage devoted to organic production
- 07/19/2018 US: Organic labels must be removed from fumigated imports
- 07/13/2018 "Conversations about organic must change"
- 07/12/2018 Austria: Organic cucumber rarities sold exclusively by Merkur
- 07/12/2018 US: Scholarship fund supports next generation of organic farmers
- 07/10/2018 US (ME): MOFGA welcomes new executive director Sarah Alexander
- 07/06/2018 US: Ocean Mist Farms announces increase in organic vegetable acreage