Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Peru launches sustainable development plan for capsicum
The president of the Association of Exporters, Juan Varilias Velasquez, said Peru was the sixth biggest exporter of peppers and chillies (capsicum). Last year, he said, the country exported more than 160 thousand tons of these products worth 249 million dollars.
The main market was North America and the most productive regions, such as La Libertad and Lambayeque, are in the north.
Varilias Velasquez, also said the Sustainable Development Plan for Capsicum 2018-2028 would be launched in the following hours.
This plan is expected to improve the competitiveness and development of Peruvian peppers and chillies. If that is achieved, in the next four years, Peru will produce more than 500 thousand tons per year.
It should be noted that Arequipa is the site of the eighth international convention of Capsicum, the main goal of which is to address the problems faced by these products in order to ensure health, competitiveness and a sensitivity to market trends.
Publication date: 10/27/2017
Other news in this sector: