Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- One million square foot cannabis production facility to be built in Australia
- NatureFresh Farms develops unconventional pest management methods
- Rough introduces the HopsHouse: a single-solution hydroponic hops greenhouses
- Protected Cropping Australia appoints new board
- Dutch police raids greenhouses in heroin investigation
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Heliospectra announces CORTEX light control softwareHeliospectra introduces CORTEX light control software. The new Heliospectra solution enables growers to significantly increase consistency and control of crop quality, harvest cycles and yields.
Integrating with Heliospectra’s LED lights and an array of plant sensors, the new platform ensures that greenhouse and indoor crops receive perfect light 365 days a year. CORTEX offers advanced controls and dynamic adjustments of supplemental light intensities, quality and schedules with real-time response to changes in local weather and other light-limiting factors. The new solution will be showcased at Cultivate 2017 in Columbus, Ohio, July 15 - 18, 2017 with live demonstrations of how growers will standardize production and boost year-round yields using automated light schedules, sensor feedback and centralized controls.
“We understand that close collaboration with our customers is vital and that every grower wants to improve business performance,” said Ali Ahmadian, CEO of Heliospectra AB. “The guiding principle in developing CORTEX is providing a customizable control system and metrics that improve profitability and operations for growers.”
“After years of working with our customers in the field, it’s clear that existing software platforms do not provide growers with the controls required. The addition of CORTEX to Heliospectra’s product portfolio introduces an intuitive and unrivaled light control system that enables businesses to standardize production, reliably forecast yields and achieve negotiation advantages in the marketplace,” Ahmadian added. “CORTEX also brings a higher level of integration and light management capabilities to existing control software systems, enabling our customers to make the most of their other investments in greenhouse technologies.”
Heliospectra’s CORTEX introduces new features to the company’s current software and product portfolio to elevate the level of automation and control capabilities for growers. Centralized control components include:
- Automated light response gives growers the ability to replicate pre-set light strategies across the plant growth cycle and ensures consistent light quality year-round.
- Energy and power consumption monitoring increases visibility so growers can adapt and optimize light use and schedules based on peak hours, rising energy costs and potential dollar savings.
- Repository of data logs, historical lighting strategies and instance isolations equips growers to make data-driven decisions for predictable, reliable and repeatable business forecasting and harvest results.
- Multiple light zones and groupings standardize schedules and settings to allow growers to use their time and staff hours more efficiently.
- Real-time management and remote notifications from any device—anytime, anywhere—enable growers to monitor hardware status across their facilities and quickly control light settings, intensities and spectrum strategies.
Publication date: 6/16/2017
Other news in this sector: