Job offersmore »
- Business Development Manager – US
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What breeding innovations are up for tomatoes in the next decade?
Exchange ratesmore »
European first: heart-shaped Cantaloupe and watermelons
Rungis has had heart-shaped cucumbers and square watermelons for a while already, but now the company has gone one step further. As of Valentine’s Day, they started advance sales of the first-ever heart-shaped Cantaloupe melons and heart-shaped watermelons in Europe.
“Supplying these Japanese specialities will start just before Mother’s Day. You can bring those home to meet Mum,” says Niels van den Berg. Mother’s Day is on May 14 in the Netherlands, three months from now.
“The melons are not just beautiful, they also taste particularly nice. The shape is achieved by placing the unripe melon in a transparent mould. The melon then continues to grow into this. The challenge is that the growth cannot be too limited by the mould. Because of this, the melon still manages to become sweet, soft and aromatic,” Niels continues. “Would you like to have this special melon in your shop, restaurant or assortment before Mother’s Day? Please feel free to place your advance orders now. The number of available melons is limited.”
For more information:
Tel: +31 (0)180 61 78 99
Publication date: 2/16/2017
Other news in this sector: