Job offersmore »
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
- Eco Brewing & Growing Technician - UK
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
European first: heart-shaped Cantaloupe and watermelons
Rungis has had heart-shaped cucumbers and square watermelons for a while already, but now the company has gone one step further. As of Valentine’s Day, they started advance sales of the first-ever heart-shaped Cantaloupe melons and heart-shaped watermelons in Europe.
“Supplying these Japanese specialities will start just before Mother’s Day. You can bring those home to meet Mum,” says Niels van den Berg. Mother’s Day is on May 14 in the Netherlands, three months from now.
“The melons are not just beautiful, they also taste particularly nice. The shape is achieved by placing the unripe melon in a transparent mould. The melon then continues to grow into this. The challenge is that the growth cannot be too limited by the mould. Because of this, the melon still manages to become sweet, soft and aromatic,” Niels continues. “Would you like to have this special melon in your shop, restaurant or assortment before Mother’s Day? Please feel free to place your advance orders now. The number of available melons is limited.”
For more information:
Tel: +31 (0)180 61 78 99
Publication date: 2/16/2017
Other news in this sector: