Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- Plantlab says it has a patent on indoor farming
- Dutch growers take advantage of new dehumidification techniques
- Photo report: A visit to Beekenkamp's latest greenhouse
- "Urban ag only provides small environmental benefits in northeastern US"
- Adding taste and quality to Holland's largest tomato category
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
BelOrta introduces engaging, playful packaging conceptsDuring the Fruit Logistica, BelOrta had an entire wall of innovations. Some were recognisable from last year, but other products were presented to visitors for the first time ever. Various new products had already been shown at the product show late last year, such as the pink coeur de boeuf Monterosa, red little gem, chicoleaves, yummies and kalletes. Please click here to read the full article.
The 'Wall Of Innovations'.
In this article, the innovations that are lesser-known will be discussed. Sofie Lambrecht from BelOrta says: “It was a very good trade fair for us. We noticed that the BelOrta stand has become a permanent fixture for many visitors. The Wall of Innovations continues to have great pull, even after last year.”
Sofie Lambrecht with the Lily tomatoes.
The wild mushroom mix was a new product. “These special mushrooms are regularly imported, but many people do not know they are also available homegrown. That is why we have combined them nicely into a mixed pack.”
Apple grill pack.
Apple grill pack
The grill pack has been known for a while already. “A new branch in this family tree is the apple grill pack with Boskoop apples and brown sugar. These can also be deliciously prepared in the oven or on the barbecue.”
The red coeur de boeuf Monterosa in wooden packaging
Lamuyo bell pepper
Another innovation is the mega bell pepper, the Lamuyo. “This bell pepper is very large and elongated compared to ‘regular’ bell peppers. It is from Mediterranean countries originally. This bell pepper is ideal for grilling because of its thicker skin.”
“BelOrta’s courgettini is a small green courgette with a soft texture that tastes wonderful when grilled or prepared in the oven.”
“The innovation photographed most often turned out to be Friseline, a frivolous and crunchy new type of lettuce. A very refined vegetable, both in flavour and in presentation.”
Strawberry packaging with gamesIn addition to the Wall of Innovations, BelOrta also had other places where they presented products. “Not yet very well-known are the fresh herbs presented in small pots. And we recently started offering a strawberry punnet with a line of games on the packaging, making it ‘even more fun’ to eat strawberries. Flavour and fun are combined perfectly in this manner.”
For more information:
Tel: +32 (0)15 56 5292
Publication date: 2/14/2017
Other news in this sector: