Job offersmore »
- Global Segment Marketing Manager Vegetables
- Agronomist or Agricultural Engineer in Luxembourg or Georgia
- Nursery Project Coordinator Luxembourg
- Sales and Customer Support - New Zealand
- General Manager - Ontario
- SALES MANAGER - France
- KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Fresh Cut) – France
- Marketing Manager - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Key Account Manager Horticulture LED - Netherlands
- European Sales Manager – Based London or Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- Canada: Trudeau put to work at new Lufa Farms greenhouse
- US: Coalition for Sustainable Organics advocates for organic hydroponics
- US: "Nature Fresh in discussions to build greenhouse facilities in Maine"
- NL: Chinese-style solar greenhouse about to open at WUR
- "3% more cucumbers with high-wire cultivation under lights"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Higher asthma risk for children who don't eat fruit and veg"The Daily Mail has recently released a new article which claims that children who don't eat fruit and vegetables are 53% more at risk of getting Asthma. Fruit and vegetables contain a lot of nutrients which naturally boosts the immune system, however with children not eating enough it means that they're more at risk of getting asthma. It has been said that 5.4 million people in the UK alone suffer from this condition which effects breathing.
There has been a recent report that also poorer areas which have no fresh products for a mile are classed as 'food deserts' where one in ten children live. With the increase in child obesity rates going up many people are worried about the health of the next generation.
A spokesperson from a leading UK hydroponics supplier, Grow & Harvest, was incredibly keen to comment on this saying, "It is important for everyone to eat plenty of fruit and vegetables, especially with the rising obesity levels. Growing your own fruit and vegetables may make your children eat more due to them enjoying growing their own, a way to grow all year-round and reap the benefits of using less water is growing hydroponically. Please do not hesitate to get in contact if you wish to grow with hydroponics."
For more information:
Grow & Harvest
Unit 17 Arrowe Commercial Park,
Upton, Wirral, CH49 1AB
0151 678 8302
Publication date: 1/10/2017
Other news in this sector: