Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- SUNSET campaign reaches $60,000 in donations towards men's health
- Mexico: Mid-tech pepper growers see good results with grafting
- What are the optimum nutrient levels for hydroponic edible crops?
- New Zealand: Cocktail tomato grower upgrades to LED lighting
- Saudi Arabia "Vertical Farming alone is not sufficient"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Higher asthma risk for children who don't eat fruit and veg"The Daily Mail has recently released a new article which claims that children who don't eat fruit and vegetables are 53% more at risk of getting Asthma. Fruit and vegetables contain a lot of nutrients which naturally boosts the immune system, however with children not eating enough it means that they're more at risk of getting asthma. It has been said that 5.4 million people in the UK alone suffer from this condition which effects breathing.
There has been a recent report that also poorer areas which have no fresh products for a mile are classed as 'food deserts' where one in ten children live. With the increase in child obesity rates going up many people are worried about the health of the next generation.
A spokesperson from a leading UK hydroponics supplier, Grow & Harvest, was incredibly keen to comment on this saying, "It is important for everyone to eat plenty of fruit and vegetables, especially with the rising obesity levels. Growing your own fruit and vegetables may make your children eat more due to them enjoying growing their own, a way to grow all year-round and reap the benefits of using less water is growing hydroponically. Please do not hesitate to get in contact if you wish to grow with hydroponics."
For more information:
Grow & Harvest
Unit 17 Arrowe Commercial Park,
Upton, Wirral, CH49 1AB
0151 678 8302
Publication date: 1/10/2017
Other news in this sector: