Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Rijk Zwaan to open Retail Center in BerlinVegetable breeding company Rijk Zwaan is establishing a permanent ‘experience centre’ in Berlin to inform and inspire its international retail partners. The new Retail Center will be one of Rijk Zwaan’s two chosen themes during the upcoming Fruit Logistica. The other will be Knox, a trait that delays pinking in fresh cut lettuce and that has been officially nominated for the Fruit Logistica Innovation Award 2017.
Over recent years, Rijk Zwaan has gained substantial knowledge and experience about food retailers’ fresh produce departments and key factors in the success or failure of product introductions or consumer acceptance. This forms the basis for the Rijk Zwaan Retail Center, which is located in the heart of Berlin, Germany. Although the official opening is not until 3 April 2017, Rijk Zwaan’s international retail partners will have the chance for a sneak preview in the form of a personal tour during Fruit Logistica.
Extended shelf life
Last week, Fruit Logistica organisers announced that Knox is one of the 10 nominees for the event’s annual Innovation Award. The jury praises Rijk Zwaan’s effective response to a long-standing desire of convenience companies. Knox is the first natural solution for delaying pinking in fresh cut lettuce. Current feedback from the market indicates that Knox will be a standard trait for the whole fresh cut market.
“We are happy and proud to be nominated for this prestigious award,” says Manager Marketing & Business Development Jan Doldersum of Rijk Zwaan. “Knox extends shelf life, decreases wastage, drives sales and improves consumer satisfaction in fresh cut salads. We see it as a great example of how we can offer solutions to the international produce sector.”
With the opening of the new Retail Center, Rijk Zwaan will further intensify its specific focus on retail, says Doldersum: “In line with our local demo’s and international customer events like the Leafy Event, the Retail Center underlines our ambition to continuously improve our services for all customers.”
Fruit Logistica will take place from 8-10 February 2017 at the Messe Berlin fairgrounds. Rijk Zwaan will be exhibiting in Hall 1.2 at stand A-14. The winner of the Innovation Award will be announced on the last day of the exhibition.
For more information:
Burgemeester Crezéelaan 40
2678 KX De Lier
T +31 174 532 300
Publication date: 12/21/2016
Other news in this sector: