- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Value added packs grow SunSelect’s Outrageously Fresh line
“We’ve seen a terrific response to the three, four, and six pack pepper bags, as well as our two-pound BC pepper units making their debut in the Outrageously Fresh brand,” said Len Krahn, SunSelect’s chief operating officer. “The bright colored packaging is eye-catching at retail, and once consumers see SunSelect’s association with Outrageously Fresh, they know they can buy with confidence.”
Aaron Quon, executive director of greenhouse at Oppy, SunSelect’s exclusive marketer, agrees. He notes that SunSelect’s BC pepper season has been characterized by excellent quality and consistency across red, yellow and orange volume, and credits technology upgrades at SunSelect for enhancing quality and efficiency that was already the industry’s gold standard.
“We moved our packing operation to our Delta location and invested in a new grading line that involves greater automation and more drop lanes,” Krahn explains. “This accomplishes a higher output using considerably less labor and delivers a more consistent pack.”
Even with BC still in full production, Krahn is looking ahead to the fall when the grower’s California pepper season begins in Tehachapi, where light and climate favor high quality production.
“We’ll offer new-crop peppers starting in October,” he said. “This will be the second full-scale pepper season in Tehachapi, where we are producing them on 24 of our 64 acres. As the only large scale U.S. greenhouse grower to offer sweet bell peppers in the winter, we’re excited about the distribution and promotional opportunities ahead.”
Between BC and California, SunSelect offers sweet bell peppers year-round.
SunSelect and Oppy also offer a wide range of tomatoes, including grape, cherry and gourmet medley in mason jar bags and topseal punnets, as well as tomatoes-on-the-vine and cocktail tomatoes throughout the year in the Outrageously Fresh brand.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/20/2018 Cleaning up garbage with recycled garbage bags
- 09/13/2018 Germany: New packaging law applies starting 01.01.2019
- 09/10/2018 Fresh produce sent via air freight becoming more popular
- 09/07/2018 Are retailers relying too much on plastic packaging?
- 09/06/2018 US Leafy green grower expands value-added organic line
- 09/05/2018 First compostable top seal strawberry punnet launched
- 09/04/2018 EarthCycle: special fresh produce pulp trays
- 09/03/2018 Mooy Logistics to be relaunched
- 08/31/2018 Quimas launches modified atmosphere and SO2 bags
- 08/24/2018 California: Tomato truck spills cargo on Highway 33
- 08/23/2018 Leafy greens grower transitions line to more environmentally-friendly packaging
- 08/16/2018 The latest trend: halved tomatoes in plastic for 3.20 euros
- 08/15/2018 Provide Agro to sell Sorma Group equipment
- 08/14/2018 US: Grower creates eco-friendly packaging
- 08/09/2018 Coatings packed in recycled buckets
- 08/09/2018 No more plastic on British cucumbers during UK season
- 08/06/2018 "Growing demand for bespoke packaging"
- 07/19/2018 Packaging thieves become bolder: full boxes emptied
- 07/18/2018 Plastic as part of a sustainable solution
- 07/11/2018 "Complete packaging lines for the entire snack vegetable segment"