Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "In indoor ag, every project demands a unique approach"
- Hokkaido greenhouse to enable production in the "coldest city on earth"
- "Biochar boosts tropical but not temperate crop yields'
- Swedish project studies year-round cultivation of tasty strawberries with LEDs
- Spain: Greenhouse builder J.Huete expands into new premises
Top 5 - last week
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What are the start-up costs of a greenhouse business?
- US(AZ): Civic Farms to break ground on 20,000 sq. ft. vertical farm at Biosphere 2
- Australia: Learn how the deleafing robot can reduce labor cost
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Georgia Tech builds 'high wire' robot to scout cropsGenerally, the term “aerial robot” is synonymous with “drone,” but there are lots of other ways for robots to avoid spending time on the ground. One of the most creative that we’ve seen recently comes from Georgia Tech Professor Jonathan Rogers, who has been working on a sloth-inspired aerial robot named.....
For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generatorsA global Private Negotiated Sale of ten (10) Cummins 2000 kW Natural Gas Generator Sets has been announced by TCL Asset Group Inc., Toronto Canada, on behalf of Berkshire Hathaway Energy Canada and its subsidiary NEP Holdings LP. This unprecedented offering represents an exceptional opportunity for power and.....
First trials with pepper harvesting robot in Belgian greenhouseIn the past week the Sweeper team has performed tests with their harvest robot in the greenhouse of partner Research Station for Vegetable Production at Sint Katelijne-Waver in Belgium. The data of the tests will be used for improving the vision algorithms for detecting ripe fruits and approach path of the.....
"30% of UK jobs at risk of being replaced by robots"UK economic growth held up better than expected in the six months following the Brexit vote, but this began to ease in early 2017 as inflation has risen, squeezing household spending power.In their main scenario, PWC projects UK growth to slow to around 1.6% in 2017 and 1.4% in 2018 due to slower consumer.....
Germany: New semi-automatic steaming machine in operationIn the middle of February 2017 a large seed breeding business focused on oilseed rape crops put a new semi-automatic steaming machine from MSD GmbH into operation. The complete tractor-towed system has a steaming capacity of 800kg per hour. A special feature of its design is a large boom hood of more than 7.....
'Mission to MARS' for Australian vegetable industryThe Australian vegetable industry is on a mission to MARS, with robotics and automation emerging as key pillars of the production process, according to a new study evaluating innovations in vegetable production.The study, funded by Horticulture Innovation Australia with co-investment from and conducted by.....
Mike Chapman, Horticulture NZ:
"Technology will enable horticulture growth""Horticulture is growing economically, and doing so sustainably. One feature of growth is that it means there is money available to invest in improved production. Horticulture grows through exports; this is proven by the fact that over the two years from June 2014, exports grew an incredible 40%. So the.....
Italy: GNA introduces new flow pack machineryEstablished in 1987 in Bologna, GNA Srl operates in the automatic machine sector for the packaging of fresh and fresh-cut produce. In addition to its strong presence on both the domestic and international markets and its know-how, the company can also count on a wide range of products - flow-pack horizontal.....
13,200 containers per hour