Job offersmore »
- Museum Scientist - Davis, United States (CA)
- Greenhouse Controls Technician - Australia
- Agent d’assurance en France
- Propagation Grower (Delta, BC)
- EXPORT AREA MANAGER NORTH WEST EUROPE
- Farm Manager - France
- Customer oriented Technical representative North America
- Agriculture Consultant - Vietnam
- International Sales Manager - Global
- Sales Representative - Kingsville, Canada (ON)
Last commentsmore »
- De Cloet delivers structures for Guelph tunnel research (1)
- Ireland: Tomato plants ‘converted’ themselves’ into cannabis (1)
- Colombian flower growers working hard on reputation (1)
- Mildew prevention in lettuce culture with Intra Hydrocare (1)
- Exclusive deal Village Farms and Florida Organic Farms (1)
- Bahamas receives Aquaponics Training Seminar (1)
- Kenya: Innovations galore at Eldoret show, as greenhouse 'fish ponds' wow visitors (3)
- HortiMaX launches MultiMa 2015 and Synopta 4 (1)
- First volumes of big sweet winter strawberries (1)
- US: Deadline for AFE Scholarships fast approaching (4)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Big fraud investigation in Dutch flower industry
- $9 billion potential of Indoor Agriculture Industry
- AU: Faber Greenhouses builds 2 hectares in less than 2 minutes!
- Thailand: Many hydroponic lettuce, but low technology dominates
- "DR0141TX perfect rootstock for cultivation in our Ultra Clima greenhouse"
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New root-growth and plant development promoting fertilizer launched by PrayonThe Prayon Group, a world leader in the phosphates sector, is bringing out a new soluble fertiliser engineered to promote root growth and plant development. Marketed under the name Pbooster, this product will give plants a real boost by delivering just the right level of phosphates.
"Pbooster is a carefully measured mixture of polyphosphates and orthophosphates, designed to completely replace conventional phosphate-based fertilisers such as monopotassium phosphate", says Kurt Verhelst, Business Development Manager for Prayon's Horticulture Division. "To date, orthophosphates haven't been able to provide the level of phosphates a plant needs in certain circumstances. Thanks to its ideal combination of polyphosphates and orthophosphates, Pbooster means that this is no longer a problem since the phosphate it contains will not react with other substances and will not precipitate into irrigation tubes. It's a win-win situation for users!"
Pbooster can be used for fruit, vegetables and plants, grown either in containers or directly in the ground. It offers the benefit of a continuous supply of phosphate: the plant can take up the precise amount of phosphate and nutrients it needs at any time. "Orthophosphates are more sensitive to pH levels than polyphosphates", explains Kurt Verhelst. "Since polyphosphates are able to tolerate higher pH levels, they can be used to ensure that phosphate and other nutrients are more readily available. This promotes root growth and thus overall plant development!"
This new product being brought out by Prayon will be an addition to its Hortipray® range designed to meet the stringent demands of horticulturists and consumers alike. The very first product to be marketed under the Pbooster brand is geared primarily towards soilless grown plants; other formulations for soil grown crops will be available soon.
For more information:
Publication date: 2/19/2013
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.