Job offersmore »
- Grower Specialty Peppers - Almeria, Spain
- Research Scientist, Ornamental Breeding - Canada (ON)
- Marketingassistent - The Netherlands
- Sales Representative (M/F) - Northern England
- Technical / New-Business-Development-Manager - UK, Netherlands, Belgium
- Growing Supervisor - Australia
- Group Controller - Netherlands
- European Sales Manager - UK
- Business Director Northern and Western Europe - The Netherlands
- Farmmanager Production Youngplants - Portugal
Last commentsmore »
- Company president David Selakovic announces Vegalab expansion into California Market (1)
- US (FL): Gardening expert Steven Blackburn reveals faster growth with hydroponic systems (1)
- Spain: ‘Looking to the future of melon and watermelon’ (2)
- Canada: Craigslist Vancouver ad offers failed vertical greenhouse for $1.5M (1)
- Kenya: Flower waste can generate energy (1)
- Turkey: Smart greenhouses grow produce without human intervention (2)
- Dutch company provide jobs in Ethiopian flower industry (4)
- Duijvestijn Tomatoes awarded world's best tomato grower (1)
- Canada: New loans and grants will help greenhouses access cheaper energy (99)
- US: Greenhouse Vegetable Consultants adds new consultant to its team (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last month
- US (NJ): Groundbreaking for Aerofarms' new corporate headquarters and world's largest indoor vertical farm
- Photo Report Cultivate '15
- Philips opens new GrowWise City Farming research center
- UK: Fully automated glasshouse opened by Langmead Group
- US (NJ): City officials break ground on world's largest indoor vertical farm coming to Newark
Exchange ratesmore »
New root-growth and plant development promoting fertilizer launched by PrayonThe Prayon Group, a world leader in the phosphates sector, is bringing out a new soluble fertiliser engineered to promote root growth and plant development. Marketed under the name Pbooster, this product will give plants a real boost by delivering just the right level of phosphates.
"Pbooster is a carefully measured mixture of polyphosphates and orthophosphates, designed to completely replace conventional phosphate-based fertilisers such as monopotassium phosphate", says Kurt Verhelst, Business Development Manager for Prayon's Horticulture Division. "To date, orthophosphates haven't been able to provide the level of phosphates a plant needs in certain circumstances. Thanks to its ideal combination of polyphosphates and orthophosphates, Pbooster means that this is no longer a problem since the phosphate it contains will not react with other substances and will not precipitate into irrigation tubes. It's a win-win situation for users!"
Pbooster can be used for fruit, vegetables and plants, grown either in containers or directly in the ground. It offers the benefit of a continuous supply of phosphate: the plant can take up the precise amount of phosphate and nutrients it needs at any time. "Orthophosphates are more sensitive to pH levels than polyphosphates", explains Kurt Verhelst. "Since polyphosphates are able to tolerate higher pH levels, they can be used to ensure that phosphate and other nutrients are more readily available. This promotes root growth and thus overall plant development!"
This new product being brought out by Prayon will be an addition to its Hortipray® range designed to meet the stringent demands of horticulturists and consumers alike. The very first product to be marketed under the Pbooster brand is geared primarily towards soilless grown plants; other formulations for soil grown crops will be available soon.
For more information:
Publication date: 2/19/2013
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.