Job offersmore »
- Gestionnaire de comptes pour l'Europe du Sud - Netherlands
- Senior Vegetable Production Manager – Homestead Farms, Inc, Millington, MD, USA
- Sales Consultant – Eastern US Territory
- Teeltverantwoordelijke - Oostnieuwkerke, België
- Projectleider Techniek Kassenbouw - The Netherlands
- Director of Commercial Plant Breeding
- Production Manager - King George VA, USA
- Sales Manager - Bleiswijk, NL
- Zaadtechnoloog - Venhuizen, NL
- Agri Farm Manager - Georgia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- California start-up becomes incubator of new hort technology
- Syngenta and Rijk Zwaan to exchange all their patents
- Indian grower goes from humble beginnings to success
- US: Husband and wife supervising some of America's largest greenhouse projects
- Majority of Dutch parliament backs regulated cannabis cultivation
Exchange ratesmore »
NASA astronauts set to harvest first space vegetableNASA is set to harvest its first space lettuce that will also set in history the first ever successful production of space-grown vegetables.
The space agency recently commissioned International Space Station’s astronaut Steve Swanson to manage an extraordinary romaine lettuce garden. This lettuce was transported to the ISS in April, and five individually planted lettuce plants have grown.
Swanson is set to harvest the first three fresh samples next week.
According to NASA, these space-grown lettuce samples will be shipped back to Earth frozen for examination. If the laboratory analysis verifies that the veggie is perfectly nontoxic, astronauts will be allowed to eat on future NASA’s Veggie system produce.
Click here to read the complete article at techsonia.com
Publication date: 6/10/2014
Other news in this sector: