Job offersmore »
- Junior Accountant – Hartford County, CT
- National Sales Manager - United States
- Top Level Candidates Available Now For the International Fresh Produce Sectors
- Vegetable Grower - Western Australia
- Fresh Produce Supply Chain Coordinator - Australia
- Chain Management US & Canada
- Business Development Manager Retail Europe
- Technical Account manage - UK
- Post-Harvest Technologist - Australia
- Soft Fruit Procurement Manager – UK (London or Kent)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
NASA astronauts set to harvest first space vegetableNASA is set to harvest its first space lettuce that will also set in history the first ever successful production of space-grown vegetables.
The space agency recently commissioned International Space Station’s astronaut Steve Swanson to manage an extraordinary romaine lettuce garden. This lettuce was transported to the ISS in April, and five individually planted lettuce plants have grown.
Swanson is set to harvest the first three fresh samples next week.
According to NASA, these space-grown lettuce samples will be shipped back to Earth frozen for examination. If the laboratory analysis verifies that the veggie is perfectly nontoxic, astronauts will be allowed to eat on future NASA’s Veggie system produce.
Click here to read the complete article at techsonia.com
Publication date: 6/10/2014
Other news in this sector: