Job offersmore »
- Global Segment Marketing Manager Vegetables
- Agronomist or Agricultural Engineer in Luxembourg or Georgia
- Nursery Project Coordinator Luxembourg
- Sales and Customer Support - New Zealand
- General Manager - Ontario
- SALES MANAGER - France
- KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Fresh Cut) – France
- Marketing Manager - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Key Account Manager Horticulture LED - Netherlands
- European Sales Manager – Based London or Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- Canada: Trudeau put to work at new Lufa Farms greenhouse
- US: Coalition for Sustainable Organics advocates for organic hydroponics
- US: "Nature Fresh in discussions to build greenhouse facilities in Maine"
- NL: Chinese-style solar greenhouse about to open at WUR
- "3% more cucumbers with high-wire cultivation under lights"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
NASA astronauts set to harvest first space vegetableNASA is set to harvest its first space lettuce that will also set in history the first ever successful production of space-grown vegetables.
The space agency recently commissioned International Space Station’s astronaut Steve Swanson to manage an extraordinary romaine lettuce garden. This lettuce was transported to the ISS in April, and five individually planted lettuce plants have grown.
Swanson is set to harvest the first three fresh samples next week.
According to NASA, these space-grown lettuce samples will be shipped back to Earth frozen for examination. If the laboratory analysis verifies that the veggie is perfectly nontoxic, astronauts will be allowed to eat on future NASA’s Veggie system produce.
Click here to read the complete article at techsonia.com
Publication date: 6/10/2014
Other news in this sector: