Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
planned to reach 36-hectare in 2017:
Turkey: New 11-hectare Twin greenhouses SEMAY and AKAS ready for sowingThe twin glasshouses SEMAY and AKAS, located in Afyon, are getting ready to meet with the new seedlings to produce high quality tomatoes in Turkey.
The goal is to produce the finest tomatoes with the soil-less agriculture method in the 11-hectare glasshouses that are planned to reach 36-hectare in 2017. In this perspective, the new seedlings are going to be planted in mid-May in the glasshouses, which are built with the newest technology by the Dutch company Van der Hoeven. The very first harvesting will be made in mid-July and the tomatoes will be served in both domestic and foreign markets.
Furthermore, the glasshouses are glittering with its location. It is placed between the three big logistic cities Istanbul, Izmir and Antalya. Also another advantage of the location is that, it is the most productive daylight-receiving city, which creates a perfect environment for vegetable production and the glasshouses are heated with the geothermal energy. With all these positives, the company is aiming to produce the best tomatoes in Turkey.
For more information:
Koray Asena, Project Development Analyst
T: +90 212 999 86 36
M: +90 533 646 3043
Publication date: 5/13/2014
Other news in this sector: