- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 -yesterday
- North Carolina indoor city farm nears completion of Phase 1
- Price of Chinese greenhouse tomatoes increases as open-field tomato production season ends
- Australian dollar dropping to lowest levels in two years
- 'Germany dominating cucumber market, more so than The Netherlands'
- €172 million to promote EU agri-food products in and outside the EU
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
2D Climate control specially designed for growing in the Middle East Heat
Israeli firm, Amitec, designs information systems for industrial, security and renewable energy systems and have recently ventured into the horticultural market with their AgroAmitec 2D Climate Control System; a multi-lingual platform that is compatible with third party software.
“We signed a contract with the Volcani Centre; they brought their climate control know-how into our company and we put it in our command control platform and the result is AgroAmitec, which brings the next generation solutions to the horticulture market,” says Yehuda Segev, Amitec’s CEO.
A similar concept to Priva or Hoogendoorn automation, 2D Climate Control monitors and manages a number of variables within the greenhouse environment ranging from (among other things): ventilation, chilling, fogging and heating, to screen control and CO2 management.
“This is a new approach to controlling the (greenhouse) environment in an agricultural building: day, night, winter and summer” said Segev.
“We can operate Israeli technology like the DryGair and the Agam units, or any other heating and de-humidifying system,” he said. And the platform - which can generate alerts and reports - can be monitored and controlled in real time, via the internet, or smart phones.
An Amitec study conducted at the Yair Ranch in Central and Northern Arava, Israel, showed the 2D Control System was able to stabilize temperature and humidity, reduce the occurrence of disease, and resulted in 30% savings on energy and water, with an increase of 40% in crop production.
“We expect great success for the system due to the global need to produce food more efficiently and economically in an environment where the costs of energy and other inputs are constantly increasing,” Segev said.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/17/2018 Agriculture: Drones in the air - sensors in the ground
- 10/16/2018 Bell pepper year round with LED or Hybrid Lighting
- 10/15/2018 Will America's future farmers be robots?
- 10/15/2018 "Ultra-wide LED spectrum benefits chemical expression in cannabis"
- 10/12/2018 "Stronger crop and cleaner cultivation with oxyhydrogen"
- 10/11/2018 European seed industry, unanimously in favor of CRISPR
- 10/10/2018 "We believe in a co-creative approach within the greenhouse horticulture sector"
- 10/10/2018 Does it make economic sense for you to install grow lights?
- 10/10/2018 "AI enables cutting costs and streamlining operations"
- 10/10/2018 USDA awards funding for light and plant health research
- 10/09/2018 Climate cell on wheels helps Dutch growers with LED dilemma
- 10/09/2018 App prevents heat illness for farm workers
- 10/08/2018 Parametrization of aerodynamic and canopy resistances for modeling evapotranspiration of greenhouse cucumber
- 10/05/2018 Plastic-eating mushrooms aid in combating growing waste crisis
- 10/05/2018 "It is not necessary to clean the irrigation system during crop rotation"
- 10/04/2018 Research into various light spectra
- 10/03/2018 Havecon opens North America office
- 10/02/2018 ERP software gives growers full view of operations
- 10/01/2018 "Cooling tech increases lettuce growth 132%"
- 10/01/2018 India: Agri & Food innovation platform launched