Job offersmore »
- Potato Technical Manager - Russia
- Grower leafy vegetables Australia
- Quality Control Manager - Netherlands
- Chief Operating Officer - Netherlands
- Operations Manager - Denver, Colorado, USA
- Nucleus Stock Employee - Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, the Netherlands
- Material Planner - Vineland Station, Ontario, Canada
- Sales representative - Spain
- Head of Global Marketing & Business Development - Home Counties area UK
- Assistant Grower (Supervisor) - Abbotsford, Canada
Last commentsmore »
- Iran-Kazakhstan-Turkmenistan railway could triple trade (1)
- Jiffy to introduce PreGro concept at Fruit Logistica, Berlin (1)
- Gene for bitterness in cucumbers identified (1)
- Mexico: Dutchman runs floral greenhouse in Chiapas (1)
- Uganda: Greenhouse gives veg grower better yields, more cash (5)
- Peru: "Sweety Drop peppers will become the new Cherry tomato" (3)
- US (IN): Can aquaponics thrive in the midwest? (1)
- Azerbaijan: Agropark to be created in Khizi district (2)
- Technology converts organic wastes into organic fertilizer in just one day (5)
- Crisis at PlantLab; three board members resign (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Canada: Why a Leamington greenhouse is investing $200M in Ohio
- Cooling of greenhouse floor leads to improved plant activity
- Free Haifa webinar today: 'Optimizing growth by anion supply"
- Spain: Almeria exceeds 43,000 hectares of greenhouse crops
- The Dutch roots of Brazilian horticulture region Holambra
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Doef's Greenhouses : a streamlined family business that embraces innovation
- Japan: Biggest indoor farm is 100 times more productive than conventional agriculture
- Clipping 5 hectares of cucumbers with 3 people at 1600 plants/hour
- US: Nature Fresh Farms plans 175-acre greenhouse in Delta, Ohio
- Application of LED technology in horticulture is only expected grow
Exchange ratesmore »
2D Climate control specially designed for growing in the Middle East HeatThe Agricultural Research Organisation (ARO) Volcani Centre in Israel has spawned a number of innovative greenhouse concepts over the years; and now Amitec has incorporated some of Dr Avraham Arbel’s technology into their latest product.
Israeli firm, Amitec, designs information systems for industrial, security and renewable energy systems and have recently ventured into the horticultural market with their AgroAmitec 2D Climate Control System; a multi-lingual platform that is compatible with third party software.
“We signed a contract with the Volcani Centre; they brought their climate control know-how into our company and we put it in our command control platform and the result is AgroAmitec, which brings the next generation solutions to the horticulture market,” says Yehuda Segev, Amitec’s CEO.
A similar concept to Priva or Hoogendoorn automation, 2D Climate Control monitors and manages a number of variables within the greenhouse environment ranging from (among other things): ventilation, chilling, fogging and heating, to screen control and CO2 management.
“This is a new approach to controlling the (greenhouse) environment in an agricultural building: day, night, winter and summer” said Segev.
“We can operate Israeli technology like the DryGair and the Agam units, or any other heating and de-humidifying system,” he said. And the platform - which can generate alerts and reports - can be monitored and controlled in real time, via the internet, or smart phones.
An Amitec study conducted at the Yair Ranch in Central and Northern Arava, Israel, showed the 2D Control System was able to stabilize temperature and humidity, reduce the occurrence of disease, and resulted in 30% savings on energy and water, with an increase of 40% in crop production.
“We expect great success for the system due to the global need to produce food more efficiently and economically in an environment where the costs of energy and other inputs are constantly increasing,” Segev said.
For more information
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.