Job offersmore »
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
- Category Manager – Avocado & Mango Australia
- International Buyer exotics (Spanish speaking) - Netherlands
- Entomologist Position - Leamington, Ontario, Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "24% labor savings with new strawberry container"
- Mexico: Agropark growers starting their crop change
- Success of 'cana-business' relies on efficient commercial greenhouse technology
- US: BioWorks launches new OMRI-Listed biofungicide for botrytis control
- US: BrightFarms recalls produce due to potential presence of metal pieces
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Japanese venture unveils plans for large scale semi-closed greenhouse
- "LED has potential to end use of pesticides in farming"
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Growing vine crops without daylight is possible. Here, there and everywhere...
- US: MedMen's first investment fund raises more than $60 million
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Many in the sector internationally rely on Cuesta Roble's greenhouse statisticsFor 25 years, Gary Hickman worked as a greenhouse crops academic advisor at the University of California, Davis. After his retirement eight years ago, he couldn't lay down his interest in horticulture and started a greenhouse vegetable consulting business. Part of his current work involves collecting statistics on greenhouse vegetable production from around the world. Now, because of his work, many in the sector internationally rely on Gary's publications.
As a consultant, Gary travels to many countries in support of USAID programs for developing worldwide greenhouse agriculture. "Recently, I was engaged in a project in northern Iraq. We provided training on the production of greenhouse vegetables to farmers, agriculture department specialists and University faculty. On another project in Bangladesh, we helped village growers set up container vegetable operations to supplement their diet as well as produce vegetables for the local market” said Gary. "These are just two examples of the many successful projects we have completed over the years”.
Next to consulting, Gary collects a wide range of greenhouse statistical information from countries throughout the world. "While on consulting projects, I meet with many agencies that have useful data on greenhouse vegetable production in their country. Knowing the interest in this, I started a publication that includes the most current data we can find. Some of the information is available on the internet, on corporate websites and in reports that are published online. Since the specific references are listed in our publications, they provide the most accurate database available.”
The statistical publications from Gary Hickman are available on his company website- Cuesta Roble (“Oak Hill”) Greenhouse Consulting. Click here for more information.
For more information:
Cuesta Roble Greenhouse Consulting
Gary W. Hickman
PO Box 1933
Mariposa, CA 95338 USA
Other news in this sector: