Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Workers safe after carbon monoxide incident at Windset Farms
- Australia: New project to drive agriculture innovation in Victoria
- "With unemployment at record lows, labor is our biggest challenge"
- Hydropothecary announces expansion plans
- US (FL): Wish Farms launches strawberry season with new sweepstakes
Top 5 - last month
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- Partial replacement of PAR light by far red light in tomato
- NL: New Geothermal Energy Alliance in South Holland
- German Agricultural Society and Fairtrade enter strategic partnership in Africa
- US (ME): Aquaponic grower secures $1.6M to expand greenhouse
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Many in the sector internationally rely on Cuesta Roble's greenhouse statisticsFor 25 years, Gary Hickman worked as a greenhouse crops academic advisor at the University of California, Davis. After his retirement eight years ago, he couldn't lay down his interest in horticulture and started a greenhouse vegetable consulting business. Part of his current work involves collecting statistics on greenhouse vegetable production from around the world. Now, because of his work, many in the sector internationally rely on Gary's publications.
As a consultant, Gary travels to many countries in support of USAID programs for developing worldwide greenhouse agriculture. "Recently, I was engaged in a project in northern Iraq. We provided training on the production of greenhouse vegetables to farmers, agriculture department specialists and University faculty. On another project in Bangladesh, we helped village growers set up container vegetable operations to supplement their diet as well as produce vegetables for the local market” said Gary. "These are just two examples of the many successful projects we have completed over the years”.
Next to consulting, Gary collects a wide range of greenhouse statistical information from countries throughout the world. "While on consulting projects, I meet with many agencies that have useful data on greenhouse vegetable production in their country. Knowing the interest in this, I started a publication that includes the most current data we can find. Some of the information is available on the internet, on corporate websites and in reports that are published online. Since the specific references are listed in our publications, they provide the most accurate database available.”
The statistical publications from Gary Hickman are available on his company website- Cuesta Roble (“Oak Hill”) Greenhouse Consulting. Click here for more information.
For more information:
Cuesta Roble Greenhouse Consulting
Gary W. Hickman
PO Box 1933
Mariposa, CA 95338 USA
Other news in this sector: