Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- One million square foot cannabis production facility to be built in Australia
- NatureFresh Farms develops unconventional pest management methods
- Rough introduces the HopsHouse: a single-solution hydroponic hops greenhouses
- Dutch police raids greenhouses in heroin investigation
- Protected Cropping Australia appoints new board
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Many in the sector internationally rely on Cuesta Roble's greenhouse statisticsFor 25 years, Gary Hickman worked as a greenhouse crops academic advisor at the University of California, Davis. After his retirement eight years ago, he couldn't lay down his interest in horticulture and started a greenhouse vegetable consulting business. Part of his current work involves collecting statistics on greenhouse vegetable production from around the world. Now, because of his work, many in the sector internationally rely on Gary's publications.
As a consultant, Gary travels to many countries in support of USAID programs for developing worldwide greenhouse agriculture. "Recently, I was engaged in a project in northern Iraq. We provided training on the production of greenhouse vegetables to farmers, agriculture department specialists and University faculty. On another project in Bangladesh, we helped village growers set up container vegetable operations to supplement their diet as well as produce vegetables for the local market” said Gary. "These are just two examples of the many successful projects we have completed over the years”.
Next to consulting, Gary collects a wide range of greenhouse statistical information from countries throughout the world. "While on consulting projects, I meet with many agencies that have useful data on greenhouse vegetable production in their country. Knowing the interest in this, I started a publication that includes the most current data we can find. Some of the information is available on the internet, on corporate websites and in reports that are published online. Since the specific references are listed in our publications, they provide the most accurate database available.”
The statistical publications from Gary Hickman are available on his company website- Cuesta Roble (“Oak Hill”) Greenhouse Consulting. Click here for more information.
For more information:
Cuesta Roble Greenhouse Consulting
Gary W. Hickman
PO Box 1933
Mariposa, CA 95338 USA
Other news in this sector: