Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Hyper-local cultivation: Restaurant integrates aquaponics greenhouse
- Can artificial intelligence do as well as farmers in the future?
- US (WI): 20 hectare greenhouse operation to begin next spring
- Village Farms reports net loss, cannabis production ramps up
- German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (NE): Immigrant workers arrested at tomato greenhouse
A raid by Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers on a tomato greenhouse operation in O'Neill on Wednesday triggered immediate condemnation from immigrant advocates in Nebraska.
News Channel Nebraska reported that law enforcement officials blocked the entrance to O’Neill Ventures at 8:45 a.m. Wednesday and armed officers from ICE and the Nebraska State Patrol surrounded the building.
Dozens of people were seen being loaded onto a Homeland Security bus that was parked in a nearby lot, according to the News Channel Nebraska report.
The raid was directed at a greenhouse which reportedly employs about 80 people who pick and pack tomatoes in a community of about 3,700 in northeast Nebraska.
Darcy Tromanhauser, immigrants and communities director at Nebraska Appleseed, said "senseless raids like these today leave long-lasting damage across entire communities."
Publication date: 8/10/2018
Other news in this sector: