Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Indoor agtech producer providing lease-back programUnited Opportunities, the developer of an exclusive program that allows individuals to take ownership positions in the AgTech market, announced that manufacturing of its high-tech growing environments has commenced. The company's advanced indoor cultivation Pods are being manufactured in Southern California and will be available for delivery by end of summer.
The company is selling these high-tech growing Pods with a unique lease-back program that allows Pod owners to receive quarterly payments while United Opportunities manages the unit and handles the cultivation, sales and distribution.
Each Pod is a self-contained cultivation system, equipped with proprietary technology, patented air and water filtration systems, and specially tuned lighting.
Jack Boyle, CEO of United Opportunities, created the company because of the explosion in the AgTech sector - and specifically in the indoor farming sector.
"The AgTech industry is not only one of the fastest growing sectors in the world, but it is also creating a profound change in how and where crops are grown, distributed and sold," Boyle said. "We are at the tip of an agricultural revolution that will impact billions of lives worldwide."
United Opportunities has developed a "Pod Farm" in California where the first 1,000 units will be placed. Owners of the units will receive a guaranteed 20% yield, paid on a quarterly basis.
For more information:
Publication date: 8/10/2018
Other news in this sector: