Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Hyper-local cultivation: Restaurant integrates aquaponics greenhouse
- Can artificial intelligence do as well as farmers in the future?
- US (WI): 20 hectare greenhouse operation to begin next spring
- Village Farms reports net loss, cannabis production ramps up
- German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UAE: Plenty builds 200,000 sq.ft. vertical farm in the desertPlenty plans to start selling locally grown produce, including kale and other leafy greens, to communities in Abu Dhabi and Dubai early next year.
Last year’s $200 million investment in Plenty marked Masayoshi Son's first bet on agriculture. The SoftBank chief is interested in how the 4-year-old startup can help nations grow enough food to support the population. Backers of the almost $100 billion Vision Fund include wealth funds from the Middle East, where drought, population growth and lack of arable land are fueling concerns about food shortages and instability.
Plenty’s newest farm in Abu Dhabi will open in phases and eventually comprise as much as 200,000 square feet.
Read more at Bloomberg (Selina Wang)
Publication date: 8/9/2018
Other news in this sector: