Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Hyper-local cultivation: Restaurant integrates aquaponics greenhouse
- Can artificial intelligence do as well as farmers in the future?
- US (WI): 20 hectare greenhouse operation to begin next spring
- Village Farms reports net loss, cannabis production ramps up
- German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Family day at Noordvliet's CombiVliet location
Where does my family actually work?
Saturday July 14, the family day was held at the NoordVliet location of CombiVliet in Middenmeer (Netherlands). Hundreds of family members, friends and acquaintances came to see where the CombiVliet employees actually spend their time. One works as a student a few hours per week on Saturdays and during the holidays, while the other works weekly and at least 40 hours per week.
The company opened a number of areas to the public, including a part of a greenhouse in operation (with the plants behind the plastic), the processing room, the energy center and the public areas. "At the moment, the sixth greenhouse of 12 ha is being prepared for cultivation, the concrete path has just been poured and the cultivation gutters are being profiled. In September the new plants will start to grow," says Roy van Vliet, location manager.
Children could see where their father or mother goes every day and parents could see where their child goes early every Saturday morning. This location can be reached not only by bicycle, but also with free bus transport, which is especially practical for students in the region. Now that the summer holiday has started, there will be school students working daily at the company.
"A lot of people said that they were impressed by the company, not just with the size and how it was organized, as I had expected, but most reactions were about the enthusiasm of our employees. That felt special to me. One of our core values is passion and we strive after this too. Most people are here five days a week, so it's important that they like what they do and we are convinced that you can only become good in your profession if you have a passion for the trade," according to Martine van der Meer, HRM & Communication.
In addition to guided tours, several types of tomatoes could also be tasted. In Westland, CombiVliet also has cherry and snack tomatoes. It was explained how the tomatoes are grown in an organic way with bumblebees and natural predators. Growing tomatoes is a specialty, the visitors agreed.
Publication date: 7/20/2018
Other news in this sector: