Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Hyper-local cultivation: Restaurant integrates aquaponics greenhouse
- Can artificial intelligence do as well as farmers in the future?
- US (WI): 20 hectare greenhouse operation to begin next spring
- Village Farms reports net loss, cannabis production ramps up
- German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Malaysia: Grower turns two pots into strawberry farmWhen Muhammad Hossen Ediwi first planted strawberries in two pots, he never thought the plants could thrive in his village at Kampung Jaya Bakti, located about 30km from Kuching.
Today the 62-year-old former bookshop and restaurant owner has over 6,000 plants growing in pots at his home and family farm in the village.
Speaking to Bernama, Muhammad Hossen said he first bought two pots when the national-level Farmers, Livestock Breeders and Fishermen's Day (HPPNK) celebrations was held at the Dewan Suarah, Kota Samarahan in 2015.
"I planted them in the backyard and they started growing into strong and healthy plants. And that was when I decided to buy another two plants in Cameron Highlands and learn the techniques of growing strawberries.
"From just four plants I now have thousands growing in the family's "Jantayu Strawberry Farm" which began operating five months ago," said the father of three.
Publication date: 7/20/2018
Other news in this sector: