Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
The smartphone is China's latest farming toolSmart greenhouses with watering and fertilizing controlled via mobile phone are all the rage in east China's Jiangxi Province.
In a demonstration greenhouse covering 5,000 square meters in the city of Yingtan, most work is done by a system of perforated plastic pipes combined with sensors to monitor temperature, air humidity, mineral content and water content of the soil.
"Everything is controlled by a cellphone app," said Wei Yulong of developer Dongrui Industrial. "The system delivers water and fertilizer directly to the roots of the plants."
The polythene that covers the greenhouse can also be adjusted according to the sunlight.
This and another 200 agriculture projects are backed up by a provincial cloud platform. According to the Jiangxi provincial agricultural department, 59 out of 100 county-level cities are covered by the network, which also helps the local government monitor food safety and rural e-commerce development. More than 20,000 rural families are registered at the platform.
Publication date: 7/12/2018
Other news in this sector: