Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
South Korea funds smart greenhouses in the PhilippinesThe Department of Agriculture of the Philippines has received from the South Korean government a grant to be used in beefing up smart greenhouse projects that will improve domestic tomato production.
Agriculture Secretary Emmanuel F. Pińol said the agency signed a memorandum of agreement with the Korea Agency for Education, Promotion and Information Service in Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (EPIS) for a $2.43 million grant.
The first 18 K-Smart Greenhouses will be put up in Benguet Province to produce high value vegetables, especially tomatoes.
The deal comes after President Rodrigo R. Duterte’s visit last month to South Korea where he held bilateral talks with President Moon Jae-in.
In that meeting, the DA signed a P28-billion supply contract with South Korean supermarket chain, Emart. The supermarket will be supplied various fruits over the next three years.
Publication date: 7/10/2018
Other news in this sector: