Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Centre of Excellence for Vegetables grows without soilCultivation of vegetables in saline, alkaline and sandy soil will be a thing of the past as the Indo-Israel Centre of Excellence for Vegetables (CEV) in Gharaunda and Potato Technology Centre (PTC) in Shamgarh are getting good results of soilless cultivation technique for producing vegetables.
Instead of soil, the crops are grown in soilless media made of coco-peat, a fibre made out of coconut husk, and two mineral rocks, including vermiculite and perlite, along with water, which is pre-treated with essential micro-nutrients in greenhouses.
The CEV has been using this technology for the last four years while the PTC has adopted the technology for the production of micro-tubers of potato for the last year.
“The trial on soilless cultivation technology is going on and giving results as per expectations at the CEV for the benefit of the farming community. The production of cucumber, regular tomato, cherry tomato and capsicum in soilless technique is equal to production of these vegetables in soil,” said Ram Swarup Punia, Superintendent Horticulture, CEV.
Publication date: 7/10/2018
Other news in this sector: