Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
75 years of growing tomatoesTime to party at Zwinkels Tomaten in 's-Gravenzande, the Netherlands. The company celebrated its 75th anniversary last Saturday. Employees, family, friends and business relations were all present to celebrate this joyous event. "We all worked hard for this company and we still do," Tom Zwinkels says proudly. "Without them it would not have become what it is now."
In 1943 Henk Zwinkels bought a piece of land at the Tomatenlaan in Wateringen. He started there with the cultivation of various cut flowers, but after a few years the choice was made to switch to tomatoes. In 2004, the company pioneered illuminated cultivation in order to be able to supply tomatoes all year round. The Westland tomato company now has a total area of 20 hectares.
Tom believes that there will be further expansion in the future. "We do not have any concrete plans yet, but you see that the greenhouse vegetable sector is becoming more and more professionalized, and if you want to follow along as a company, you have to grow in acreage and farm size." Tom looks towards the future with confidence. "We have a young management and enough potential to continue to grow in the coming years."
The company took the opportunity to make a nice company film. View below what they have to say about the past, present and future of the company.
For more information:
Publication date: 7/5/2018
Other news in this sector: