Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Russia: Strawberries will be grown in the permafrost region
The second phase of the year-round greenhouse complex Sayuri is going to be launched near Yakutsk until the end of 2018.
The acreage of the new greenhouse will comprise 1.2 ha, 10 times more than the current experimental greenhouse, where they pick 150 kilos of cucumbers daily.
“When the second phase is launched, there will be enough room for cucumbers, tomatoes and greenery. I recommended the investors to consider enlarging the scope of products. They are looking into certifying Japanese strawberries now”, reported the temporary Head of Yakutia, Mr. Aisen Nikilaev.
The experimental complex by the Sayuri company in Syrdy village is the only greenhouse for year-round cultivation in a permafrost region. Vegetables are grown here according to Japanese technologies. The first greenhouses were launched in December 2016.
When the greenhouse acreage is increased to 3.5 ha, in accordance with the preliminary estimate the enterprise will be producing over 600 thousand tons of tomatoes and about 2.5 thousand tons of cucumbers. Thus, return on investments should be achieved by 2025.
Publication date: 7/5/2018
Other news in this sector: