Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Russia: 6 ha strawberry greenhouses to be built in Stavropol
More than 11 million euros have been invested in a greenhouse for year-round cultivation of strawberries in the Predgorny area of the Stavropol region (Russia), reports the press service of the regional Ministry of Economic Development.
“When the project is launched, over 100 employees will be working there and the customers will be receiving up to 700 thousand tons of berries a year”, reads the press release.
The investor was provided the land plot for the greenhouse on favourable terms in accordance with the decision of the regional coordination council on the development of investment activity. The first phase of the greenhouse complex of 6 ha is planned to be constructed in 2019.
The investor supposes that the year-round greenhouse can become an object of educational tourism. Local dwellers and tourists could get acquainted with the technology of strawberry growing and take part in picking the harvest.
In accordance with the data provided by the local administration, the Stavropol region produces about 10% of the Russian greenhouse produce and are planning to increase the share to 12%.
Publication date: 6/28/2018
Other news in this sector: