Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (ON): Grower hopes new PM will 'save the industry'Gerry Mastronardi, owner of T G & G Mastronardi greenhouses, says he was on "pins and needles" over the past few years trying to keep up financially with the carbon tax, soaring hydro rates and a higher minimum wage. But today, he's hoping a Ford government will offer some relief.
Mastronardi says he was not alone when considering whether his business would survive another year due to the Liberals' economic policies.
"The previous government kept giving us these initiatives of being more efficient, more efficient, more efficient. Well, I want to know when the government is going to be more efficient and accountable, and I think right now we are going to see that," said Mastronardi.
However, Mastronardi says Ontario businesses are "not out of the woods yet" because the Progressive Conservative government still has a lot of work to do.
He hopes Doug Ford remains true to his promises to halt minimum wage, challenge the carbon tax and fire the CEO of Hydro One.
"If he can tackle those three for now, I will be good, and then we can move from there," Mastronardi said.
Publication date: 6/12/2018
Other news in this sector: