Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (ON): Grower hopes new PM will 'save the industry'Gerry Mastronardi, owner of T G & G Mastronardi greenhouses, says he was on "pins and needles" over the past few years trying to keep up financially with the carbon tax, soaring hydro rates and a higher minimum wage. But today, he's hoping a Ford government will offer some relief.
Mastronardi says he was not alone when considering whether his business would survive another year due to the Liberals' economic policies.
"The previous government kept giving us these initiatives of being more efficient, more efficient, more efficient. Well, I want to know when the government is going to be more efficient and accountable, and I think right now we are going to see that," said Mastronardi.
However, Mastronardi says Ontario businesses are "not out of the woods yet" because the Progressive Conservative government still has a lot of work to do.
He hopes Doug Ford remains true to his promises to halt minimum wage, challenge the carbon tax and fire the CEO of Hydro One.
"If he can tackle those three for now, I will be good, and then we can move from there," Mastronardi said.
Publication date: 6/12/2018
Other news in this sector: