Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Senior Tesla executive joins PlentyLast year, Tesla’s longtime battery technology director and one of the company’s most veteran engineers, Kurt Kelty, left the automaker to join vertical farming startup Plenty.
Now, the company has poached another senior engineering executive from Tesla.
Nick Kalayjian has been working at Tesla for over a decade.
As one of the earliest engineers to join Tesla, he first worked on the first generation Roadster’s transmission system.
He later was in charge of Roadster 2.0 and quickly moved through the ranks of Tesla’s engineering department as the company grew.
He talked to Forbes about his move: "The mission of Plenty is potentially bigger than the electrification of transportation or the grid. The energy consumed, the impact on the environment of farming all over the world is massive, and it’s a problem that needs a kind of engineering focus Tesla applies to vehicles. I think there’s a lot of opportunity to have a big impact."
Publication date: 6/12/2018
Other news in this sector: