Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Biodegradable mulch film made of Mater-BiToday the CIPA Congress 2018 kicks off. This international conference, which gathers farmers, growers and the world of industry and research to share and disseminate innovation, new practices and experiences in the Plasticulture sector, is held every three years.
This year, the congress will be held in Arachon (Bordeaux) from 29 to 31 May and Novamont, main sponsor, will renew its presence with Sara Guerrini – Novamont's Agriculture Public Affairs - attending the "Biodegradable Materials" session, where she will talk about biodegradable mulching film and their sustainability in the light of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Moreover, Francesco Degli Innocenti, Novamont's Director, Ecology of Products, in the same session, will address the issues of biodegradation and standards.
On May 31 the biodegradable mulch film made of Mater-Bi will be presented through trials, organized by the congress, in a nearby field. Mulching is an agricultural technique that allows broadleaf weeds control, reduction of water use for irrigation and an increase in yield and crop quality. Our biodegradable mulch film offers an agronomically and environmentally efficient alternative because at the end of the crop cycle it does not have to be removed or disposed of but they are ploughed under the soil, reducing the production of waste whose mechanical recycling can be technically or economically unviable.
Publication date: 6/5/2018
Other news in this sector: