Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Malawi: Seed industry is essential to high productivityThe government of Malawi has said the development of the seed industry is essential to farmers in providing quality seed which can boost productivity in the agricultural sector in the country.
Minister of Agriculture, Irrigation and Water Development, Joseph Mwanamvekha said this Monday during the launch of National Seed Policy at Bingu international Convention Centre (BICC) in Lilongwe.
He pointed out that the seed sector plays a vital role in shaping the development of the agriculture sector hence the need to be giving the much needed support.
Mwanamvekha explained that the launch of the seed policy would help to harmonize the industry and align with Southern Development Committee (SADC) and Common Market for Southern Africa (COMESA) seed protocol within the regional blocks.
"The Ministry necessitated the 1993 seed policy review in order to address the emerging challenges the sector is facing and to be in line with the regional blocks on how to move forward in improving the seed industry," the Minister pointed out.
Publication date: 5/29/2018
Other news in this sector: