Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Saint Lucia: Taiwan expert shares greenhouse tomato knowledgeThe Taiwan Technical Mission in Saint Lucia in cooperation with the Ministry of Agriculture held a Greenhouse Tomato Production Workshop at Union on May 23rd, 2018. More than 54 local farmers and extension officers attended the event.
At the event, Mr. Tim Shiao taught local farmers know-how in greenhouse farming, including skillful pruning, disease and pest controlling. He explained that greenhouse management needs more techniques than outdoor crops, especially the higher humidity, temperature and lush green foliage create conditions that enable certain diseases and insects to thrive. Farmers have to focus more on house ventilation management and pest controlling.
Mr. Mario Cheng, head of the Taiwan Technical Mission in Saint Lucia encouraged local farmers commencing greenhouse tomato business and emphasized that tomato is easy to grow and more profitable than other greenhouse crops. He also noted that greenhouse planting can extend the production period and increase farmer’s net income.
Publication date: 5/28/2018
Other news in this sector: