Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Nudira Fresh Farm: growing high-tech in the tropics
The future of hydroponics in Indonesia
"I believe since 20 years ago that hydroponic and greenhouse technology is one of the answers to provide solutions to the constraints faced by vegetable agriculture in Indonesia." Speaking is Edi Sugiyanto. He is a commercial hydroponic grower, well experienced in Indonesia, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia and currently part of the team operating a high tech farm in Indonesia: Nudira Fresh.
Edi believes in the future, the role of hydroponic farmers in Indonesia would be better with the construction of modern Greenhouse agriculture and Hydroponics technology. "There are many obstacles faced by farmers in the field, to maintain the vegetables production remains high and stable, whether it is damage caused by rain water and the diseases. Elsewhere, rainy season is highly anticipated by most farmers especially in rainfed field."
The greenhouse project Edi participates in is the greenhouse built in Indonesia with full automatic control of temperature regulation, humidity and irrigation system. "The first stage we plant cherry tomatoes and for the next greenhouse we will plant lettuce, seed from Rijk Zwaan and growing media rockwool from Grodan."
Edi Sugiyanto, Nudira Fresh Farm and Agrifam PT, in cooperation with iGrow investors will continue to build the expansion of modern greenhouses in Indonesia, with hydroponics technology, as a commercial farm but also as a place to train the generation of modern agriculture in Indonesia. "Hydroponics are the future. Any plant, anywhere and anytime."
For more information:
Publication date: 5/11/2018
Other news in this sector: