Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Takura acquires stake in Mozambican vegetable producerTakura Capital, a Zimbabwean private equity firm, has recently invested an undisclosed sum in Mozambican vegetable producer Companhia do Vanduzi. The acquisition followed a bidding process managed by Verdant Capital, a corporate finance firm based in Mauritius.
The seller is the same UK-based family office that founded Vanduzi in 2004. Vanduzi is based in the Manica province, some 60 kilometres from the Zimbabwe border. The company exports all of its products, which include baby corn and chilli peppers that are sold in the UK, the Netherlands and South Africa.
It has 1,400 employees, 900 hectares in production and approximately 500 contracted smallholder farmers. The sale of Vanduzi is the second transaction Verdant has completed in Mozambique since 2016. Verdant, which has offices in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Mauritius and South Africa, provides capital raising as well as merger and acquisition advisory services. It operates in the agri-business, clean energy, business services, financial services and manufacturing industries.
Africaglobalfunds.com describes Takura Capital Partners as a Zimbabwe based private equity fund management firm investing in growing companies, mainly in Zimbabwe and to a lesser extent in the SADC region. Takura’s focus sectors include agro-processing, FMCG, health and pharmaceuticals, mining services and ICT.
Publication date: 4/13/2018
Other news in this sector: