Job offersmore »
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New Zealand partnership to drive innovation in perennial fruitsAgTech solutions company Autogrow and Plant & Food Research signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) confirming their intention to collaborate in the development of protocols to maximise yield and enable continuous production of perennial fruits.
The agreement was signed by Autogrow CEO Darryn Keiller and Dr Kieran Elborough, General Manager Science - New Cultivar Innovation for Plant & Food Research.
Mr Keiller (in black) and Dr Elborough (in white)
“We are incredibly excited to be working with Plant & Food Research and see collaborations like this as fundamental to furthering our industry, ultimately benefiting both growers and consumers. Plant & Food Research are responsible for some of the best cultivars to come onto the global market and their science expertise combined with our knowledge of controlled environment agriculture will take perennial fruits to the next level,” said Mr Keiller.
Autogrow’s Director of Plant Science and Agronomy Dr Tharindu Weeraratne will head up Autogrow’s team as part of the MoU.
Speaking at the signing, Dr Elborough said, “Working with a global company like Autogrow has the potential for us to match new breeding strategies with future growing systems that deal with numerous horticultural challenges such as climate change, sustainable food production and reducing land availability.”
For more information:
Plant & Food Research
Publication date: 3/14/2018
Other news in this sector: