Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
US (KS): Compass Minerals opens innovation center
This is the company’s second innovation center dedicated to support the development of plant nutrition technologies. The first center opened in Iracemopolis, Brazil, in 2017. Recently, the company signaled it would be growing its research and development operations with the hiring of Dr. Ryan Bartlett, previously with Monsanto Company.
“Our goal is to directly influence farmer growing practices through science,” said Bartlett, vice president innovation and product development. “In the world of agriculture R&D, the lion’s share of funding has consistently gone towards advanced breeding techniques, developing transgenics and crop protection products. We’re working to compound the gains realized with those innovations by developing similar advances in plant nutrition.”
With the opening of the Innovation Center, a new website (www.compasscrops.com) has been developed to directly link potential collaborators and innovators to the company. The goal is to make it easier for academia and potential strategic partners to connect with the staff in Stilwell, Kansas, and Iracemopolis, Brazil.
“With farmers utilizing better genetics, traits and crop protectants, we are well-positioned to develop specialized nutrient solutions that help farmers to realize the investment that comes in a seed or jug,” added Bartlett. “We believe that our future is to develop next generation, efficient and sustainable crop nutrition products and we’re well on our way.”
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/18/2018 "The program is so flexible that it can easily grow along with our company"
- 09/18/2018 Rijk Zwaan opens brand-new R&D facility in Fijnaart
- 09/18/2018 "The Hague urban greenhouse cannot be made profitable"
- 09/17/2018 Tomatoes in new construction ensured of plenty of light
- 09/17/2018 China: Haifa Group aid Shandong farmers after typhoon Rumbia attack
- 09/17/2018 "Growers must get rid of their minority complex'"
- 09/14/2018 Public Auction former Brown Coir Export properties
- 09/13/2018 NL: New innovation center The Green East opened
- 09/13/2018 CAN (BC): UFV launches new Food and Agriculture Institute
- 09/12/2018 Strawberry Demo Day 2018 'Clean water, clean soil'
- 09/11/2018 UL/CSA certified cable welding system launched
- 09/11/2018 Urban-gro promotes industry veteran to Executive Vice President, Operations
- 09/11/2018 Oil prices puts pressure on CMA CGM's EBIT, but they stay positive
- 09/10/2018 Biodegradable cultivation tarpaulin on Swedish land
- 09/10/2018 US (AK): Matanuska Experiment Farm gains new director
- 09/10/2018 Bayer CEO doesn't suffer from buyer's remorse
- 09/07/2018 Welding award for KUBO
- 09/07/2018 US facility no longer wants to deal with New Zealand
- 09/07/2018 "In order to promote them, Peruvian chili peppers need to be linked to the gastronomy"
- 09/07/2018 ''Colorful beetroot varieties from north German fields are very popular''