Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Russia: Volgograd greenhouse vegetable production triples
Since the beginning of 2018, greenhouse complexes in the Volgograd region (Russia) harvested about 5,100 tons of vegetables, which exceeds the results of the same period in 2017 by 232%.
“In the beginning of 2018 we have witnessed growth in production volume of greenhouse vegetables. As of today, 5,089 tons of vegetables have been harvested in greenhouses of the region, 232% to the data of 2017 (2,193 tons)”, announces the press service of Volgograd region agriculture committee.
The press service have specified that cucumbers take 4,494 tons of that number, compared to 1519 tons in 2017. The overall number of vegetables produces in 2017 comprised 42.6 thousand tons.
During the last 4 years over 38 of high-tech greenhouses were built in the region, 15 of them in 2017. At the moment the overall greenhouse area amounts to 77 ha.
Publication date: 3/7/2018
Other news in this sector: