Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are now the only people producing the tubers hydroponically"
- Oxygen level in water: an underestimated factor in plant growth
- Bitcoin mining powers tomato greenhouse
- How the rise of Amazon will urge you to create a brand in fresh produce
- UV light provides novel method to improve crop performance and yield
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
PlantPaper takes over largest Scandinavian Ellepot producerIn 2015 the paperpot producer PlantPaper released the first 100 percent biobased paper sleeve to be used in paperpot production. In March 2018 the company expanded by buying Kvistgaarden A/S that has been in the business for 37 years.
“Our goal is to be the preferred partner for our customers. Therefore, we are very pleased to be able to make the agreement of taking over Kvistgaarden A/S, the absolute largest Ellepot producer in Scandinavia. From all over Europe we have a large number of requests for ready filled paperpots with PlantPaper. Our paper runs very well on all the Ellegaard machines - therefore this step will give us the optimal opportunity to supply our European customers”, says PlantPaper sales and marketing director Carsten Storgaard.
Carsten Storgaard, Sven-Ole Larsen
After taking over Kvistgaarden A/S, PlantPaper will have a capacity of up to 50 million paperpots per month with a range from 20 mm to 80 mm paperpots. By adding some of PlantPaper’s own developed paperpot machinery, the company will be very flexible.
Sven-Ole Larsen, Claus Vraa, Carsten Storgaard
Unique biobased paper
The paper sleeve PlantPaper U1 does not contain any chemical binders, glue, fungicides or fossil-based plastic as conventional paper does. Furthermore, it has an open structure that allows the fine and delicate plant roots to breathe, giving them also easy access to pass through the paper. All this gives an eco-friendly solution with faster rooting and stronger plants compared to other paper sleeves. In that way PlantPaper U1 is an obvious product for gardeners who would like to have an environmental friendly profile. PlantPaper U1 can be used on all known paperpot machines on the market and is 100 percent biodegradable.
For more information:
Ørstedsvej 38, 6760 Ribe
+45 72 30 12 12
Publication date: 3/7/2018
Other news in this sector: