Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Polyhouses grow in popularityPolyhouse cultivation is growing in Kareemguda and Keesara. Just a few years ago there were just a few polyhouses in these areas but in the past few years there has been a steady rise.
In Kareemguda several farmers stopped cultivating vegetables and have now taken up growing flowers. Rakesh, who quit his 9 to 5 job and has now taken up farming says, “There was no risk involved as we received a subsidy, it is a win-win situation as there is a ready market for gerbera flowers.”
Of late there have been several international conferences in the city and the demand for flowers would only grow as the city turns into a hub for conferences says Narsimha, a farmer. Marigold, gerbera, carnation and in vegetables tomato, cucumber, capsicum, broccoli, brinjal are grown in polyhouses.
Read more at The Hans India
Publication date: 3/5/2018
Other news in this sector: